Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you HATE your MIL??

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:35 AM
  • 134 Replies

I'm curious as to what your reasons are...and if you DON'T hate yours, how did you find a way to get along? Have you been friends since you met? I'm curious because I hate my MIL with a passion...she has done some very nasty things to me, including telling me that my husband had the right to abuse me because I deserved it. So, what's your story?

by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
savannahnhi
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM

because she is a bitch and only called my hubby when the bitch want something.

USMCBride08
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:37 AM

she used me to get things, and when i stopped doing things for her, she tried to put a wedge between my husband and I. THEN she didnt want to be a part of my childs life, and is now trying to force her way in.

unfortunately for her, i dont really give two shits about how awful her life is now. i am totally willing to let her suffer for the rest of her life =] 

and yet, with a face like that, can one truly ever be mad???  I love my little boy!!!

msmoody
by Her majesty on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I don't. I miss mine everyday, and would have given anything if she could have lived long enough to meet my son. 

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I dont. We have always gotten along. I mean ,yeah she gets on my nerves sometimes, but then again, who doesnt. She is a great person. 

Sparkey6987
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM

So she's a bad mother too? When I was dating my husband, she acted like we were rival girlfriends or something...unhealthily overbearing. My husband doesn't even know how to make a grilled cheese or make out a check.

Quoting savannahnhi:

because she is a bitch and only called my hubby when the bitch want something.

momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I didn't have to find a way to get along. My MIL is a wonderful woman, who treats me with love and respect, whose always there when we need her and doesn't meddle in our business. Sadly, she is now battling  breast cancer, although it  seems it was caught on time.

Sharon

Rubygl00m
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't. I have never met her b/c she passed away when my DH was a kid. I wish I could have met her and I wish she was here to see my kids.

Sparkey6987
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

How does your husband feel about it? I know mine is always getting caught in the middle, mostly HER fault for telling him to tell me something...like a second grade game of telephone.

Quoting USMCBride08:

she used me to get things, and when i stopped doing things for her, she tried to put a wedge between my husband and I. THEN she didnt want to be a part of my childs life, and is now trying to force her way in.

unfortunately for her, i dont really give two shits about how awful her life is now. i am totally willing to let her suffer for the rest of her life =] 

gabe11-14

I don't hate my MIL, I don't know my MIL she died before me and Jim ever met.

Merry Christmas!!!

DebW629

I don't.  I love her with all my heart!  She's treated me like a daughter since the day I met her 17 years ago.  Just sad that her illness prevents her from coming out to see us. Can't wait for our trip to Albuquerque to see her next month. :)

Deb W. ~ Happily married for more than 15 years with two beautiful children, a 12 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. Truly blessed and loving life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)