Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The COUNTDOWN begins!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hi mommies! Well I am counting down my last week of pregnancy! I am being induced next Monday, the 16th! Although I the past two days I feel like it could happen at any moment. There is just so much preasure on my lower abdomen. Dr. says it's gonna be a big baby! My last son was 8' 10". And my new son, Gaige, is going to be just as big if not bigger! Lord help me! I am really getting scared though! Maybe because I know what to expect! Please keep me in your thoughts! Thanks ladies!

ALESIA
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jerszedragon
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:44 PM
GOOD LUCK Hun, and Congrats!!!  I know what you mean about a big baby..my son was 9lbs 8 oz and 22 inches at birth!!!  Hope everything goes well, and dont worry, I'm sure everything will be fine...keep me posted!!
Mom_Me_Amber
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:45 PM
Yay! How exciting! I'm sure everything will go well, at least you know what to expect this time. Congrats!!!!Laughing
nikkinoo99
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:47 PM
yay im happy for u!!!!  my son is named gage also such a good name
BestestMom22
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:50 PM
U will b fine!  My first one was 10'9, and I also was told they would always get bigger.  Their birth weights were as follows after this and in order - Brady 8-14, Casey 9-2, and Faith was my last. She was only 7-12.  I know that sounds weird, but that was really small after what Id bn thru.  And all of mine ended up being C's, but I survived.  Good luck and keep us posted!  Cathy
musicians_mom
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Hi Alesia,
You are going to be just fine. I know how you feel. I had a 9lb 13 1/2 pound baby myself. I guess I was lucky though, when I got to the hospital they discovered he was breech so I had to have a c-section. My second son was 7 lbs 11 oz but long and had huge feet. LOL. I also had a c-section with him (by choice) didn't want to take any chances. LOL

tracy227
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:52 PM
I know exactly what you mean about being scared b/c you know what to expect.  I just had my first daugther 6 weeks ago and I was not scared at all before I was induced....now when I finally decide to have another one, I will be scared out of my mind just b/c I know exactly what is going to happen!!!!  Of course they are so worth it though!

Good luck!!!!
sas2
by on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:56 PM
Reading your post took me back to my pregnant days. Those last weeks are always the longest!!! I was induced with both of my babies. The first was 7 lbs.  and the second was 9 lbs 2 ozs. ! Are you planning on getting an epidural? I hope everything is going good for you. Hit me back if you want to talk.
Sarah  
EmilyLove
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 5:34 AM
How exciting!  Congratulations, and good luck!
windcatcher2007
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 6:22 AM
Awww. Everything is going to be just fine. You will see! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see some new pictures of your bundle. Just focus on holding your baby in your arms and know that your in wonderful hands.  It will be over with before you even have time to be worried. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe and healthy delivery... God bless.  Cath :o)
alexusmom
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 1:07 PM
congratulation! I remember when i had my daughter. Had to be induced too. Couple day before i get induced i thought i was going in labor,so my Fil took my to the hospital. Well my doctor wasn't on call, so the mid-wife was the one that seen me that day. She said that I wasn't in labor to just go home and let nature take it course. and then she told me that i probably have a 7 or 8 lb. baby and had a lot of water. Well when i had my baby that mid wife was wrong. i had a 9lb. 4oz. baby and she was 21 1/2 inches long. Me and my husband or trying for another baby. Hope this one is small.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)