Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 3 year old gets pimples, help!

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, my 3 year old dd gets pimples all over her butt...on the outside of her cheeks (not like, in her crack...sorry if too much tmi)....she gets a bath every day, she's potty trained so she only sits in a pull up overnight but usually wakes up dry. I took her to the dr, but she said I have to bring her back when she has an outbreak and didn't seem too concerned....i don't know what to do, they usually only last a day or 2 and she doesnt complain that they hurt, in fact, she doesn't even realize it if noone says anything, does any one have this issue? what did you do?

by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommytotaylor
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM

my daughter has had a couple on her bottom, not sure why though. gl, and bump

Leahmaria7981
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 2:42 PM

The next time you are at the doctor ask them about something they call chicken flesh or chicken skin, or the more medical term  keratosis pilaris. You can look it up online. It's protein buildup in the skin in hair follicles and usually will clear up on its own. It's just raised, rough bumps that can occur on the arms, thighs, hands, feet, tops of legs, flanks, buttocks, pretty much anywhere except places like the palms of hands and soles of the feet. My daughter gets it sometimes and hers usually occur on her cheeks, upper arms and upper legs. It's kinda ugly and feels rough, but it's harmless and goes away on it's own. Just something you might ask about.

kenziedawnmom
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 2:46 PM

yes my dd has that too really bad on her upper arms ,there isnt anything you can really do about it you can buy a lotion that contains something (dont remember off hand)that will help but not clear it up .It is expensive though for a small bottle we tried it it helped some but not much I feel bad for her cause it looks like it would itch or something but it doesnt .It just looks worse then it is .

Quoting Leahmaria7981:

The next time you are at the doctor ask them about something they call chicken flesh or chicken skin, or the more medical term  keratosis pilaris. You can look it up online. It's protein buildup in the skin in hair follicles and usually will clear up on its own. It's just raised, rough bumps that can occur on the arms, thighs, hands, feet, tops of legs, flanks, buttocks, pretty much anywhere except places like the palms of hands and soles of the feet. My daughter gets it sometimes and hers usually occur on her cheeks, upper arms and upper legs. It's kinda ugly and feels rough, but it's harmless and goes away on it's own. Just something you might ask about.

Jekasica
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM

You just explained exactly what I posted about on here the other day. My daugther gets the exact same thing. THey look like pimples with a little white head on them or just a big red bump like a pimple. She gets them all the time and usually about 10 at a time from her butt to her thighs. I asked the doctor this last time and she said its just a diaper rash. But I doubt its  a rash. Let me know if you get any help, because I dont know what to do about them and I feel like people dont think I clean my daughter (which is not the case at all)

Leahmaria7981
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I've never tried a lotion for it. The doctor told me if I was really worried about it I could try a gentle exfoliator on her, but I've never done it. It never bothers her though. It bothered me more than it ever bothered her.

Quoting kenziedawnmom:

yes my dd has that too really bad on her upper arms ,there isnt anything you can really do about it you can buy a lotion that contains something (dont remember off hand)that will help but not clear it up .It is expensive though for a small bottle we tried it it helped some but not much I feel bad for her cause it looks like it would itch or something but it doesnt .It just looks worse then it is .

Quoting Leahmaria7981:

CTC7122006
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Jekasica:

You just explained exactly what I posted about on here the other day. My daugther gets the exact same thing. THey look like pimples with a little white head on them or just a big red bump like a pimple. She gets them all the time and usually about 10 at a time from her butt to her thighs. I asked the doctor this last time and she said its just a diaper rash. But I doubt its  a rash. Let me know if you get any help, because I dont know what to do about them and I feel like people dont think I clean my daughter (which is not the case at all)

i will if i find anything out. the bad thing is, sh usually gets them after the office is closed and by the time they're open, they have dissappeared! it's so frustrating. i haven't been worrying about it too much since she doesn't seem to be bothered by them or she doesn't seem to be sick...but i am still trying to get her in to see the dr just to make sure

Marimaru
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I get these, and my upper arms breakout like someone else mentioned.  I don't know if it happened when I was a little kid, but definitely since I've been a pre-teen.  I don't think I've ever even asked a doctor about it, I've just kind of dealt with it.

Marimaru

Mommy of Isabelle Rose, born 10/11/2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)