Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need the recipe off the back of the San Giorgio Lasagna box!!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

Can anyone help me out?? I happen to live in a place where they only sell Barilla!!! But this is my fav lasagna recipe and I've tried to find it online, but even San Giorgio themselves doesn't seem to have it posted. They have a bunch of recipes posted by users, but I just wanted their simple lasagna recipe. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!! :) TIA

by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kat4life06
by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM
I can't help- All I have is the Jumbo Shells X_X Consider this a bump - maybe someone that actually makes lasagna can help you lol :)

Proud Mom to baby Alex. Born Nov 14, 07 at 9:10 PM.

Poets Anonymous group owner,

~Kat~

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Title:  San Giorgio Lasagna

Ingredients: 
8 Servings
1 Lb Beef, ground
1 Jar (32 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 Pkg Noodles, lasagna, 16 oz
Uncooked
4 Cup Ricotta cheese
2 Cup Mozzarella, shredded
1/4 Cup Cheese, parmesan, grated
2 Garlic, chopped
1 Tbl Parsley
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
4 Eggs
1 Tbl Italian spices

Method of Preparation: 
Brown meat in 3-quart saucepan; drain fat. Add sauce and simmer 10 minutes. Cook lasagna according to package instructions; drain water. Separate lasagna and lay out on wax paper or aluminum foil to keep pieces from sticking together as they cool. Combine cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper for filling. Pour about 1/2 cup meat sauce in bottom of (13x9) pan. Arrange 4 pieces of lasagna lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges. Spread 1/3 of cheese filling over lasagna and cover with about 1 cup of meat sauce. Repeat layers of lasagna, cheese and meat twice. Top with layer of lasagna, cheese and meat sauce; sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese, if desired. Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer of until lightly browned. Allow to stand 10 minutes

bergencounty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000894lasagna.php

"San Giorgio makes "no boil" lasagna noodles. You just lay the noodles width wise instead of length wise (these noodles come shorter than normal lasagna noodles anyway) and don't overlap them. I guess they cook in the sauce when the lasagna is in the oven. This was my first time making lasagna and I think I would have messed up the noodles so this definitely saved me some time. I have made the lasagna about 3 times since and it gets better every time. "

http://www.beanmom.com/recipes/Lasagna.html

wattstwins08
by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

thats it ive been trying to paste it but it is saying my browser is not supportted sorry about that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN