Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

does anyone else hate being around drunk and drinking people

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM
  • 27 Replies

For some reason i hate it. I'm here at my inlaws and everyone is drunk so i'm pretenting to use the potty to get on here. lol.

I really hate being around drunk and drinking people..not really sure as to why. My grandpa use to drink heavily and he was a angry drunk like you would have to watch what you said when he was around because it would turn into something huge..could that be why i hate being around them so much??? I just feel so uneasy around them when sober and drinking pepsi's for example i'm not.

by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma182
by Traci on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Me too.

momof4boyz1girl
by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:15 PM

A lot of people that drink act really stupid and do stupid stuff....they also have a problem with running their mouth....that's why some feel uneasy around them.

AngelicaRenee

ME! My dad's side of the family can't seem to get together without drinking a lot and I hate it. I love seeing them but I don't understand why they can't have fun without alcohol. Even at a baby/toddler/kids birthday parties.

ERNAProud

I HATE being around stupid drunk people.

MzSeXyC
by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:17 PM

i hate being around angry drunks. who doesnt?

happy/funny drunks dont bother me at all. free entertainment! lol. 

alexhuntercody
by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:17 PM

could seeing my grandpa yell and my grandmom and me and anyone when drunk be a reason? I was seriously so nervous when people started coming with the booze in hand. LIke so much so i wanted to leave but i would feel bad since my son is having so much fun with his cousins. I just don't know why i have this much anxiety over a bottle of booze.

manda325
by on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:18 PM

There are certain people (dh and a couple friends) that I feel comfortable around when they are drinking, but not many.  I don't even like for my dad, brother, and dh to drink when around each other, or dh and his dad, because I'm afraid someone is going to say something stupid and it's going to be a big fight.  Happened with dh and fil before, but never my family.  I still get nervous though.  Even when I had the chance to drink with all of them I wouldn't because I was too nervous and on edge to enjoy myself.  People can be so stupid when they are drinking.

MzSeXyC

most likely.

Quoting alexhuntercody:

could seeing my grandpa yell and my grandmom and me and anyone when drunk be a reason? I was seriously so nervous when people started coming with the booze in hand. LIke so much so i wanted to leave but i would feel bad since my son is having so much fun with his cousins. I just don't know why i have this much anxiety over a bottle of booze.

MarissasMommy20

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

ME! My dad's side of the family can't seem to get together without drinking a lot and I hate it. I love seeing them but I don't understand why they can't have fun without alcohol. Even at a baby/toddler/kids birthday parties.

Thats how my dads family is too. Infact my 12th birthday was a double kegger lol! But everyone doesnt just get shit faced, its just nice to enjoy a beer! USUALLY no one acts like a drunk jackass.

OP- I cant freaking stand to be around my mother when she drinks. She starts slurring her words so freaking fast. She is sooooo annoying drunk...uhg and i live with her untill feb!

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:19 PM

LMAO, this right here.

Quoting MzSeXyC:

i hate being around angry drunks. who doesnt?

happy/funny drunks dont bother me at all. free entertainment! lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN