Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mysterious red lights in the sky last night ( pictures included) who else saw them ?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 59 Replies

ok so last night i looked up and saw these 3 red dots (  about 1 minute after midnight)  I stared at them for a minute then said something to everyone else at the party. so for the next 10 minutes we all watched these red dots move across the sky in their formation ( the top one would move then the bottom one would move then the one all the way to the right would move. they would pause for a moment then all 3 move together. they moved across the sky then one by one they shot off  not to be seen again. the top on shot straight up the one on the bottom shot up and to the left and the one on the right shot up and to the right.

Crazy way to start the new year !

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I read through and looked at the pics.  I did find it funny when I got to your siggy and it said "I love editing photos!"  LOL

Not that I'm saying that you did anything to these, I just found it funny and cute.

Godstar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Honest to God truth, last night I saw three red star like lights moving across the sky.  I pointed them out to my family, and clouds completely covered them up.  My son said they were probably airplanes, but we live in a small town in Louisiana so there is no way three airplanes would be flying that close to each like that.  You are right, we will make alien contact in 2010.  They want to be friends....

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Im in San Diego Ca

Quoting Godstar:

Honest to God truth, last night I saw three red star like lights moving across the sky.  I pointed them out to my family, and clouds completely covered them up.  My son said they were probably airplanes, but we live in a small town in Louisiana so there is no way three airplanes would be flying that close to each like that.  You are right, we will make alien contact in 2010.  They want to be friends....

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

Godstar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Im in San Diego Ca

Quoting Godstar:

I seen the lights around 8 pm central time....

I guess they were heading west.  lol

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Quoting Godstar:

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Im in San Diego Ca

Quoting Godstar:

I seen the lights around 8 pm central time....

I guess they were heading west.  lol

When they shot off they went west over the ocean.

I want to meet an alien lol

sunbeamdream03
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM

So I googled and found this on Yahoo Answers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100101011110AA9rFGf

There were lots of people who saw similar things all over the world at about midnight their time... hmmm..

I googled "3 red lights sky new years eve" and there were videos and other sightings mentions in the results.

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Wow, that's crazy. BUMP! 

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I wish i have my video camera the battery was dead though.

I think its a bit crazy that at midnight all over the world people saw the same thing

Quoting sunbeamdream03:

There were lots of people who saw similar things all over the world at about midnight their time... hmmm..

I googled "3 red lights sky new years eve" and there were videos and other sightings mentions in the results.

gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Quoting sunbeamdream03:

Weird.... my friend lives in Grand Ledge MI and she saw the same thing......She saw them just after midnight. She wasnt the only one...she was at a party and around 15 people were outside getting ready to shoot fire works. The lights were only there for about 5 minutes then they shot off to the west.

Creepy

GrungeMum
by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 4:11 PM

We saw them too. They came one after the other and we live in ENGLAND!

But, we thought about it enough to realise they are just home made balloon lanterns.

I'm a pro choice, pro goth, Athiestmetal head, grunge lover from the UK who loves her partner and her little boy almost as much as Nirvana

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)