Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did I overreact?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:27 AM
  • 46 Replies

DH wanted to go to his dad's tonight to sync his dad's Ipod so he could use that until I find his Ipod. I sat in the van in single digit weather, with a migraine for more than 2 hours. So I got irritable.

I finally told DH that I was hurt that he seemed more interested in spending time with his dad, running nonstop, and looking for his Ipod than spending time with his wife and daughter. He refused to talk to me so I hung up on him and eventually texted to say he had 15 minutes and I was leaving with or without him.

I've had to ASK him to spend time with us and he's only been home two weeks. That bothers me. Unless he wants to go somewhere he never made time for me and DD. Maybe it's hormones but that hurts. He's made time for everyone else but he's never spent any time with me and DD the whole time he's been home, just the three of us. He's either been upstairs looking for his Ipod or playing the guitars every waking moment.

His plane leaves tomorrow morning at 6:20 and it's a 2 hour drive to get there. We are leaving at 2:30 in the morning to take him. All I wanted while he was home was to spend some time with my husband. So did I overreact by telling him I would leave without him?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM

You chose to sit in a cold van, so you can't blame him for that. I think that's ridiculous personally.

Alison_C
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Why didn't you just go inside?

andreaRC
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM

wait.....so you all went over to his dad's and he was the only one that actually went in?  You just stayed in the car the whole time?  With your DD?  For 2 hours?  Am i reading that right?

If so.....that is ridiculous.  Why didnt you just go in the house with him?  You guys would have been spending more time together that way.....sure with other people....but i would take that over being alone in a cold ass car.

momgirlsx2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Quoting Alison_C:

Proud mom of 2 girls.
AmyMiLo
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Quoting Alison_C:

armywifenmom09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I have a restraining order against my FIL.... I had to drive DH but I couldn;t go inside.

Quoting Alison_C:

armywifenmom09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:40 AM

DD was home with my aunt and my grandma. I couldn;t go in because I have a restraining order against my FIL. I parked the van across the street and sat in it. I turned the van on for a little while every now and then to keep it bearable in there.

Quoting andreaRC:

wait.....so you all went over to his dad's and he was the only one that actually went in?  You just stayed in the car the whole time?  With your DD?  For 2 hours?  Am i reading that right?

If so.....that is ridiculous.  Why didnt you just go in the house with him?  You guys would have been spending more time together that way.....sure with other people....but i would take that over being alone in a cold ass car.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Quoting armywifenmom09:

I have a restraining order against my FIL.... I had to drive DH but I couldn;t go inside.

Quoting Alison_C:

And he still talks to his dad?

And why did you have to drive him?

armywifenmom09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I have no problems with DH talking to his dad. His dad and I have had a LOT of issues. I refuse to associate with the man but he is DH's dad. I would be more upset if DH didn;t have a relationship at all with him.

I drove him because he has a tendency to speed and if he gets in trouble for ANYTHING for another 2 years his license is gone.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Quoting armywifenmom09:

Quoting Alison_C:

And he still talks to his dad?

And why did you have to drive him?

nutinbutcntry
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I think it really sucks when they do that I guess its the emotions.. I dont know.. my dh just came home for christmas and we spent alot of time together it was the first in awhile.. When he left in the beginning he would not try to do get alone time in for us.. I was very hurt.. But when he came home for christmas he wanted to and was also not wanting to go back was the first time he showed the emotions he was going through.. Maybe he is just not trying to get to attached or its the whole i been over there and my head is screwed up kinda thing... I keep praying that mine never comes home screwed up and I pray its something else other than that for you as well... good luck.. my thoughts are with you as he goes back.

army

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)