Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ungrateful little prick

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

So i made a post earlier-- made dinner and my brother said that it was nasty, etc but went back for seconds. I keep thinking about it and the more i think, the more i get pissed off at him. i WANTED to snatch the food from him, but i'm mixed on it- 1) its not my kid 2) i'd have to answer to my dad (yes, i live at home). my dad let him get away with saying all that stuff to me. my sister (she's just in town til monday morning) had to FORCE him to tell me thanks for cooking the dinner and even then, he did it in a way taht he was forced to- not because he wanted to, or was appreciative of what he has for dinner.

I KNOW that next time, if it happens, i'm gonna take the food and tell him to go make himself a sandwich and just deal with my dad.... BUT- i also know that means my dad will be getting him fast food or whatever he wants. part of me thinks he made those comments cuz he's mad he was forced to eat the food i made, rather than eating junk food. my dad gives any and everything for him. he breaks his bike- he gets a NEW one! he breaks a video game- he gets a new one. he gets brought home by the cops, he gets to spend the night at a friends house THAT NIGHT! the list goes on and on.

he's ungrateful and i am sick of it! how do i make the kid grateful for what he has, especially since he's not my kid? is it possible to parent a kid thats not yours? he's spoiled. i know that the majority of your kids would LOVE to get what he gets. Trips to Japan, trips to Australia. he went to cedar point 27 times this summer! his goal for next summer is to go 30 (and will probably achieve it). he gets to go to canada and washington DC and new york anytime he wants to. when HE decides he wants to do something/go somewhere, my dad takes him- no questions asked. he has no chores, no responsibility. how can i parent a kid when i'm under my own parents' rule?

he's 12. are other 12 year olds like this?!

(i'm thinking of taking his xbox360 away for a while, but it wouldnt do any good cuz he'll just go to his friends house and play there. he really spends no time at home with the family)

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:35 AM

My brothers used to do this all the time. It didn't help that my dad would also not eat what i would cook (mom worked I cooked most dinners). So my mom and I played a trick one day. I cooked the whole dinner and my mom hung out with me in the kitchen. Every time we would hear my brothers coming to check on the progress of dinner we would make it look like my mom was cooking. My and brothers ate 2nds and 3rds that night. After diner while they were praising my mom for such an AMAZING meal, we informed them that I cook the whole thing by myself. Didn't hear many complaints after that LOL.

So yes all brothers are huge pains in the ass!!! Sorry yours is being so rude.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:47 AM

see, thats somewhat understandable. they just wanted mom's cooking cuz they thought sister's sucked. lol did they start eating it after the trick? i wish i could do that, but honestly, my dad doesnt even make food (no one else will- bro is 12 and my son is 4 lol. mom's not here right now and like i said- my sister is only in town for a little bit). its like my brother has been so accustomed (sp) to fast food that he hates the idea of real food.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

My brothers used to do this all the time. It didn't help that my dad would also not eat what i would cook (mom worked I cooked most dinners). So my mom and I played a trick one day. I cooked the whole dinner and my mom hung out with me in the kitchen. Every time we would hear my brothers coming to check on the progress of dinner we would make it look like my mom was cooking. My and brothers ate 2nds and 3rds that night. After diner while they were praising my mom for such an AMAZING meal, we informed them that I cook the whole thing by myself. Didn't hear many complaints after that LOL.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:57 AM

76 views and only one reply? really? no opinions or stories or life lessons or something? frown mini

KotaBaby
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM

i would ignore his comments and dont let him see you get mad or annoyed. he is probably just doing it to piss you off...ignore him and he will stop eventually.

IluvAsialots4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM

ughh

growing up with 3 older brothers = so many stories

since i was the youngest, i always got looked down on by them aka- never taken seriously.

i invited my brother Rocco (hes 3 years older then me) over for dinner in my new house and it had totally slipped my mind that he doesnt like roast beef (thats what i made) instead of just toughing it out and eating it, all he did was complain on how i dont remember the "important" details from our childhood. then we got into a fight about sh*t. i felt like i was 4 and he was 7, fighting over who would go first or fighting over a stupid toy ughh.

~Alessandra~

imechard
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM

He is ingrateful, but he is not really the problem, your dad is. I'd say that if you bought the food, don't let him eat it. If your dad paid for it, politely reply that it was a pleasure cooking for him and that if he does not like it, tough! I would not worry too much about it, he is 12, your dad let's him be rude like that and hopefully you won't always have to deal with it.

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM
Sorry you're having a rough time! Df,dd and I were living with my parents for a bit and my sister is 13 and a little snot. She got away with everything. It made me so ticked off! Thankfully we were able to move out pretty quick but it sucked. You really can't say anything cause it isn't your kid. But I wanted to slap her sometimes. No respect for adults at all. Ugh. Little sisters...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Sorta even today at the ages of 21 and 17/18 they still bitch about my cooking. But we always told them to suck it up or don't eat. My parents never gave them the sandwich option. So i would agree with a PP your dad is the bigger problem.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

see, thats somewhat understandable. they just wanted mom's cooking cuz they thought sister's sucked. lol did they start eating it after the trick? i wish i could do that, but honestly, my dad doesnt even make food (no one else will- bro is 12 and my son is 4 lol. mom's not here right now and like i said- my sister is only in town for a little bit). its like my brother has been so accustomed (sp) to fast food that he hates the idea of real food.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

dre_bunny
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I'm sorry... here's a bump... how lucky how your bro to get to go where he wants..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)