Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

i have a friend that wants me to post this because she doesnt have comp. So i need your advice on this....She went out with this guy for awhile and he broke up with her because she was interfering with his college work. neways about 2 months ago they started talking awhile. Hung out on new years eve and he kissed her on the cheek. Well she asked him today what would have happend if her head wasnt faced the other way. He said he still would have kissed her. But she was talking to him tonight and he said that feelings are still there but made her promise him she would not wait for him because they both dont know the future..Now she has been my best friend for awhile and she was crying bout this... She loves him so much...What would u do in her position? She just thinks hes the right person for her doesnt want to believe it but it really stands out...Their relationship was good breaking up was horrible on both parts because they were both still inlove...I just dont know what to tell her....Please give  her some advice

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Christy644
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Tell her focus on career and life. the guy should come after.

katie632
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:02 AM

bump

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM

have her talk to the guy. i mean it could go either way. on one hand- he could just be an asshole. he wants to keep her around without having a real commitment. he can go do whatever he wants and still know taht she'll take him cuz she "loves" him and all that. on the other hand, maybe he wants to secure a few things first before settling down-- graduating school, getting in his career, having a stable income with money saved up, etc.. things that he thinks she deserves. without really knowing the person, we could all just speculate but not give REAL answers since all guys are different. (My SO waited 6 months to make us official cuz he knew how busy i was- helping my mom move, being a single mom, dealing with my ex, dealing with child support, plus working fulltime and going to school fulltime)

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I agree they need to sit down and talk.  Hold nothing back lay it all out this is it total honesty kinda talk.  This wondering and guessing isn't healthy for anyone.  She needs to ask him flat out if he wants to be with her now, not later.  And she needs to be totally honest with him.  She really has nothing to lose at this point.  At least that way she'll know for sure and can carry on with her life with or without him after that.

The whole thing sounds like there's too much guessing going on here so that's my opinion.  Hope she figures something out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)