Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any home remedies for dried sinuses?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been dealing with this for like two years now. This time around, it's been around a month, and the antihistamines don't work anymore. They are prescription, and they knock me out. I'm not working currently, just volunteering so that's no biggy, but man. I just want ONE night's sleep without my FACE hurting or without waking up in pain. Any ideas? I've tried steam, and a warm wet cloth on my face and sinuses. The only thing I haven't done yet, and WILL do tomorrow is a humidifier. If that doesn't work...back to the doctor. But I'm in so much pain, and those drugs just zonk me out, even the next day...I'm like, hungover. Help? I feel like I'm breathing dirt.

Krystal

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanut081981
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:21 AM

bump

bb1214
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I would try a Neddy Pot.  (spelling might be wrong)  you can get them at any drugstore.  They look like a little teapot and you place warm salt water in it and then poor the water into your nose.  The water will come out the other side of your nose, a lot of times mucus will come out to.  You will feel a lot better.  I hope that is a good explanation on them.  You may even want to google it.  I hope you feel better soon.

In His service,

Brenda

mama2brooklyn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:24 AM

have you tried a Netipot...they run water threw your sinuses sounds really weird but actually helps I have bad sinus problems also so thats what I have used u can get them at cvs walmart walgreens lol everywhere

Bekah062205
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM

have you tried a netty pot

staceyjoy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM

We have a humidifier in our bedroom which helps some. I have the same problem and it seems like it just started since we moved in to our house. I think it's because every other house I've lived in had a humidifier on the furnace. We don't have one right now because we have a lot of lime scale in our water and we need to get a water softner first. But you might try that if the humidifier in your room doesn't work.

peanut081981
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Oh eewww. Whatever works, at this point. I am so there. Thanks. I live in the boondocks, so I was hoping to find something for tonight, but maybe drugs will work for tonight. Lol. 

Quoting bb1214:

I would try a Neddy Pot.  (spelling might be wrong)  you can get them at any drugstore.  They look like a little teapot and you place warm salt water in it and then poor the water into your nose.  The water will come out the other side of your nose, a lot of times mucus will come out to.  You will feel a lot better.  I hope that is a good explanation on them.  You may even want to google it.  I hope you feel better soon.

In His service,

Brenda

Krystal

peanut081981
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Oh yes, this is part of my trip to town tomorrow, along with the Neti-(neddy?) pot...

Quoting staceyjoy:

We have a humidifier in our bedroom which helps some. I have the same problem and it seems like it just started since we moved in to our house. I think it's because every other house I've lived in had a humidifier on the furnace. We don't have one right now because we have a lot of lime scale in our water and we need to get a water softner first. But you might try that if the humidifier in your room doesn't work.

Krystal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)