Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thiink it would be to much to ask the hospital....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so I am having a section and am scared shitless something will go wrong... I know there is a ban at the hospital, but is it really too much to ask for them to let me have her there to see before and after? I mean honestly? With any surgery things go wrong I know that, and with hers, I wasnt scared, because I was to exhausted... I am not a good candidate for VBAC, so I know I have no choice, and its not like I am gonna have her there everyday, I just want her there so I can see her before I go in, just in case and afterward...

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyRivera
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I assume you are asking about having your daughter at the hospital? If there is a ban because of flu season, I would follow it. They are doing it for your protection as well as your baby's protection.  

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM

I AGREE..  OH AND BTW.. REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR HUBBY SHAVE YOU. NOTHING SCARIER THAN A NURSE HACKING AT YOU DOWN THERE..  THE SECOND TIME AROUND FOR ME AND I WAS PREPARED LOL

Quoting MommyRivera:

I assume you are asking about having your daughter at the hospital? If there is a ban because of flu season, I would follow it. They are doing it for your protection as well as your baby's protection.  

Trinity0820
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:52 AM

this hospital is the only one in the county with a ban, and its ridiculous...

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I know it's tough, but I would just follow what the hospital asks.  They aren't going to change their rules for you (or anyone else)... and sometimes those bans are not only for your protection but for the children you'd bring in as well.  I know a couple of years ago there was a MRSA outbreak and no children were allowed in the hospital.  The MRSA was everywhere... it spread from the Heart Hospital to the Women's Center.  I was fine when I couldn't visit my friend because I know how awful MRSA can be.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)