Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Up Still and Needing Some Encouragement/Advice!...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:46 AM
  • 26 Replies

My name is Katie, I'm 27.  My dh and I have been married for 2 years and have a dd who will be 1 next month.  We got pregnant pretty soon after getting married, but she was totally planned!  We have been trying for a 2nd child for a while because we wanted them to be close in age.  We are totally done having kids after 2, but I really wanted them to be close in age.  I'm soo frustrated because with our dd it didn't take us long at all to conceive and this time it hasn't happened yet and has been a while of trying.  I am getting off my period in the next couple of days or shorter and am looking forward to being able to try again this month!  I'm really hoping it happens this month so I don't keep worrying that something is wrong!  We have names picked out.  If we have another girl it is going to be Alexis Nicole and if we  have a boy it is going to be Gabriel Joseph.  We also ordered from Domino's almost 2 hours ago and our food is still not here.  I called the Domino's and talked to a manager and told her I wanted the money refunded to our bank account for this order because it's absolutely ridiculous!!! So, anyways, I thought I would hop on here, hoping I could get some encouragement, baby dust, and any advice on ttc!! Thanks, ladies!! Hope everyone has a great night and 2010!! :)

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collegemom09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting on pizza.

thebatesfamily
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:55 AM

I hope your pizza gets there soon and I do hope your baby happens for you soon. I want to concieve again sooner as opposed to later but DH is our main breadwinner and is not ready just yet for another so I am respecting that at this point. Besides my body has yet to bounce back since our now 11 month old was born.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
katie_uszaki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Bump. Any advice on ttc tips??

katie_uszaki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Me too, lol!  It's been almost 2 hours!  I'm not paying for it at all, nor am I tipping!!

Quoting collegemom09:

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting on pizza.

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:03 AM

There are iots of websites that can help you figure out your "most fertile" days in your cycle....  I did that and just made sure we had lots and lots of sex on those days lol....and I would lay in the bed with my legs up for about 10 - 15 minutes after sex to give those little guys a hand with gravity lol....go figure I got 17 month old twins now lmfao.  Must have done something right!

Good luck!  Try not to think about it all the time...I hear that can stress you out and seem to make it harder too.

adamjackie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Have sex every other day. Do not have sex everyday. Go to babyzone.com That is where I tracked my ovulation when I was ttc. There is such a thing as having sex too much when trying to get pregnant.

peanut081981
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Really don't know what to say on ttc. We've been ttc for over 5 years now. Your pizza will be there soon. Just think of the sauce...

Everyone tells me to relax. I tell them to shut it. What the hell do they think we are doing while having sex? Standing at attention? Nooooo.....

Krystal

katie_uszaki
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Can I ask you how often you had sex in order to conceive, like once a day or every other day? I'm just wondering if I should have sex every day on my most fertile days or every other day! Congratulations on your twins, that's awesome!! How quickly did you conceive?

Quoting Allergic2Stupid:

There are iots of websites that can help you figure out your "most fertile" days in your cycle....  I did that and just made sure we had lots and lots of sex on those days lol....and I would lay in the bed with my legs up for about 10 - 15 minutes after sex to give those little guys a hand with gravity lol....go figure I got 17 month old twins now lmfao.  Must have done something right!

Good luck!  Try not to think about it all the time...I hear that can stress you out and seem to make it harder too.

1sttimemommy198

I had a similiar issue, our oldest wasn't planned at all, and I got pregnant while in birth control. With our youngest he was planned and I stopped taking my birth control in August, I didn't get pregnant til the middle of November.

I found out right after Thanksgiving in 08. My boys are 20months apart...and I think that is pretty close, so keep trying..

Also, sorry about your pizza

katie_uszaki

Sorry to hear that, I hope it happens for you soon! :)

Quoting peanut081981:

Really don't know what to say on ttc. We've been ttc for over 5 years now. Your pizza will be there soon. Just think of the sauce...

Everyone tells me to relax. I tell them to shut it. What the hell do they think we are doing while having sex? Standing at attention? Nooooo.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)