Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BLUE HEELER PUPPY

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM
  • 23 Replies

Does anyone know of a reputable blue heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) breeder in Texas?  I am in need of a companion and working dog.  We own and operate a large cattle ranch and our heelers are getting up there in age.  Any information would be appreciated!  Thank you!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samthecat001
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:06 AM

http://www.petfinder.com/

save a life.  they have rescues of all breeds and ages

"I like See's candy. Put me in a See's store, I'm eating candy. The whole world is Tiger's See's store, and the candy is vagina." Justins dad

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Where were you a few months ago?  We had 2 working Heelers we gave away lol.  Theres a couple in Waco that purchased 2 of our female puppies about a year ago that breed amazing dogs, let me see if I still have their email address.

Pregnancy%20ticker
adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Sorry.  Can't have a rescue out at the ranch.  We have tried other breeds and older dogs who were not raised at the ranch and they have all gotten too rough with the calves.  I am all for rescuing dogs, but the cattle are our livelihood.  We just had to rehome a Catahoula Leopard who attacked one of my fathers cows.  We took her in because she was unwanted by her owners.  BIG MISTAKE!  Cattle dogs need training from the beginning!  Life on the ranch is scary for a dog that hasn't been there since puppy-hood!

Quoting samthecat001:

samthecat001
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:15 AM

aww :(
i get it though.
but just in case..maybe peep them just in case they have wee little babies for you.  lol
good luck! 

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Sorry.  Can't have a rescue out at the ranch.  We have tried other breeds and older dogs who were not raised at the ranch and they have all gotten too rough with the calves.  I am all for rescuing dogs, but the cattle are our livelihood.  We just had to rehome a Catahoula Leopard who attacked one of my fathers cows.  We took her in because she was unwanted by her owners.  BIG MISTAKE!  Cattle dogs need training from the beginning!  Life on the ranch is scary for a dog that hasn't been there since puppy-hood!

Quoting samthecat001:

"I like See's candy. Put me in a See's store, I'm eating candy. The whole world is Tiger's See's store, and the candy is vagina." Justins dad

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Thanks!  I am way down in South Texas, but I am willing to travel!  It's so hard to find heeler puppies down here!  My dad's girls are getting older.  Sandy has one eye and three legs and is still going strong.  She was run over by a gooseneck and presumed dead.  She showed up nine days later without an eye and not walking on one leg.  The vet did his exams and said she was in no pain, just paralyzed from that quadrant because of the brain injury (gooseneck full of cows ran over her head)... She is such a wonderful dog, but she needs another dog for assistance and Lacy is getting old! 

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

Where were you a few months ago?  We had 2 working Heelers we gave away lol.  Theres a couple in Waco that purchased 2 of our female puppies about a year ago that breed amazing dogs, let me see if I still have their email address.

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Thanks for understanding =)... I know it sounds like I am being picky, but it really is hard when it is a working dog. 

Quoting samthecat001:

aww :(
i get it though.
but just in case..maybe peep them just in case they have wee little babies for you.  lol
good luck! 

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Quoting samthecat001:

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:20 AM

lucky that poor dog wasn't on my in-laws place, dogs that attack livestock are shot, it's sad, but where they live, no one would take it.  Anyways, I can't find their email, I'll keep looking, the only other breeders I can think of only have reds right now.  I'll ask and look around though.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Quoting samthecat001:

Pregnancy%20ticker
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:23 AM

I've heard that, and come to think of it when I lived in Kingsville I rarely heard of anyone with litters...  When we had our litter we had people driving up from all over the state for them, it was crazy.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Thanks!  I am way down in South Texas, but I am willing to travel!  It's so hard to find heeler puppies down here!  My dad's girls are getting older.  Sandy has one eye and three legs and is still going strong.  She was run over by a gooseneck and presumed dead.  She showed up nine days later without an eye and not walking on one leg.  The vet did his exams and said she was in no pain, just paralyzed from that quadrant because of the brain injury (gooseneck full of cows ran over her head)... She is such a wonderful dog, but she needs another dog for assistance and Lacy is getting old! 

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

Pregnancy%20ticker
adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Let's just say the dog was lucky my dad wasn't around on that day.  One of the gagers that checks the oil well would always tell me how much he loved Steel.  He was googoogaga over her.  She was a beautiful dog, just too old to learn how to work cattle - IMO she was scared.  I am glad she didn't hurt the cow and I am glad I was able to give her away before daddy got back to the ranch,  no one messes with papaw's cows!

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

lucky that poor dog wasn't on my in-laws place, dogs that attack livestock are shot, it's sad, but where they live, no one would take it.  Anyways, I can't find their email, I'll keep looking, the only other breeders I can think of only have reds right now.  I'll ask and look around though.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Quoting samthecat001:

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:25 AM

I lived in Kingsville while I was attending TAMUK.  I lived at the Apple Creek apartments by WalMart, lol!  Now I am in Hebbronville, an hour away.  Did you like Kingsville.. I really wasn't fond of the town!

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

I've heard that, and come to think of it when I lived in Kingsville I rarely heard of anyone with litters...  When we had our litter we had people driving up from all over the state for them, it was crazy.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)