Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for late night/ early Morning mommies.............

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

If you knew your kid had a "voice recording" system with them at all times..........  would you change the way you react with your kid???  LOL!!!

My 9 year old daughter has just found  her "voice recording" option on her new MP3 player.  She loves it!!!   She records a couple dozen news casts from "Life According To Lacey"  daily!! LOL!!   There was one, where she shoved the  MP3 player in my face for the 11th time...... and I had to tell her to turn it off.... and tell her if she shoves it my face one more time..... I will take it away!!  LOL!!

BUT THEN........ as I was putting her clothes in  the laundry, I found the voice recorder on, in the pocket of her jeans!!    (Then I started to wonder........ what did she record???)  HAHA!

Do you ever wonder if you say things that your kids shouldn't record???

What if your kid recorded you at all times??  Would it change the way you parent???  Just wondering!!  LOL!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momofboys631
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:05 AM

It wouldnt change the way I parent because I dont do anything towards my kids that could not be seen as well by the public eye. 

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Lol...my kids are little (17 months) and I KNOW I say the odd thing that if heard by anyone other than my DH would raise a few eyebrows and probably get me on someone's shit list.  But raising twins is hard work and I vent because if I don't I'll explode lol.

I think a lot of parents wouldn't change how they parent but would be surprised at exactly what they sound like sometimes if their kids could record them and play it back for them later.  But we all get stressed out....

That is cute that she records her opinions lol....wait till she figures out how to use that thing for blackmail!  LMFAO!

blondiemomma2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:11 AM

I think all the mommies would be lying out their butt if they said they have NEVER said anything to or in front of their child they wouldn't want recorded.  We have all, at one time or another, slipped at the tongue in front of our little ones.

There are some cases I'm sure where children are subjected to much more than what they should be and it is terrible that this happens.  I knew a "mommy" who would fight with her DH for hours and it didn't matter whether the child was there or not.  They would fight whether the child was in the room, out of the room, not there or there...and the saddest part is the child started mocking them while they were fighting and then laughing.  The child had no idea it wasn't funny...how could you at 11 months old?  It's sad to say there are probably way to many households with way to many impressionable children getting permanent "voice recordings" in their mind of someone saying what they shouldn't be saying to or in front of their child.

Samantha_1629
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:15 AM

My daughter is 4 years old and she doesn't need a recording device. She repeats everything I say when I get frustrated. Like the other day when her little brother ( 20 months old) was bothering her while she was playing, she said, "I don't want anymore kids!" I wonder who she heard that from (me). =P

tam84
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:19 AM

It wouldnt change the way I parent but it would def help solve some of the silly arguments I ahve w/DH bc he's always saying I didnt tell him things when I know I did!

stpalmsgirl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Nope it wouldn't change the way I talk to her, i always treat her  with respect and never say anything that i couldn't say in front of others.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM

nope it wouldnt change the way i parent cuz i'd have the mp3 player with  me unless we were going on a trip

mitch576
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:32 AM

it would! lol

because i'm very "mouthy" i talk to myself.. i grumble.. i'm mouthy!

but.. i'm sure if i heard my own mouth... it would make me think " oh crap.. i better watch it"

it's a matter of being "aware" and i'm admittedly, not always aware.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS

come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:48 AM

I enjoyed reading the OP .I'm sure I have said things in a tone that I wouldn't enjoy hearing played back . I do try to always be conscience of what and how I am saying things to people I love especially my children but I know that some times my tone is not the "best" ..Still not perfect ( damn !)

The group I call home is 2gether 4change !! The group I "Play" in is TAA ..I hope to see you there !!!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)