Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who should get the Wii?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:05 AM
  • 18 Replies

My STBX always wanted a playstation but I always told him we had to wait until we had ____ bill paid off before he could do that. Last year when it was on sale, he bought me a wii. He figured that I wouldn't get mad about spending money on a video game system that *I* wanted so he bought it. Plus, he saved up for it and used money that I didn't know we had.

I was stoked, I really like it. The only reason I don't play more often is because it wakes up the kids (even when the volume is all the way down) and when they are awake, they try to stand on the wii fit board and get in my way.

STBX played it more often than I do/did. He is getting the TV's. We inherited a big screen from his father and we bought STBX a flatscreen for Father's day  years ago. He is getting both of them. This leaves us with the tiny, old school TV that I brought into the relationship.

But dammit, I like my wii! I WANT to play it more often, plus we have the wii fit board that he never uses.

So...should I ask him if I can keep it or would that be selfish of me???

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzSeXyC
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:09 AM

i would ask for it. i dont think your being selfish. 

CormacsMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:11 AM

You said he bought it for you so  I say you get to keep it

my2girls516
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM

IMO, It is not a matter of asking for it.  He bought it for you therefore, it belongs to you. 

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I think you should keep it...it's yours right?  He bought it for you.

omgamomie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM

It's your.

NadiasMommy427
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM

STBX????? WHAT IS THAT?? 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM

If he bought it for you, it's yours!

~~~Tina~~~Proud Mommy of 2 Great Lil Men

my2girls516
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Soon to be ex    Husband

Quoting NadiasMommy427:

STBX????? WHAT IS THAT?? 

babybull0601
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I would say you keep it.  He bought it for you.  Just b/c right now all you have is an old school TV doesn't mean you always will. 

Ive gotten used to the kids wanting to play Wii with me.  I throw on the wii fit  and either run with my oldest or hold my youngest and play. 

hfs1998
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I'd ask for it.  In my mind, it's not worth getting into a debate if he really wants to keep it.  If he does keep it, then start saving up for one.  If he does say you can have it, that's pretty cool of him.  Yeah, I know he bought it for you but like you said, he was the one who used it more and always wanted a gaming system.  I just think there are such big issues to deal with when dissolving a marriage that the game system is small beans.  But I also love my Wii so I hope you get to keep it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)