Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleedingat 10 weeks pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM
  • 17 Replies

woke up this morning to bleeding in my 10th week.  called the doctor and they said bedrest for today and they will do an u/s first thing tomrrow. so now i am on edge and scared.  any advice or support please

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I honestly would not just sit around if I was bleeding. My doctor always told me if I bled to get straight to the E.R.   It's probably nothing serious but it's worth getting looked at.

Amanda3117
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM

well i bleed a little with both my girls and they told me to come in if it coupled with cramping or the bleeding increased

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I bled with all of my children arounf that time. Every time I freaked and went right in for the ultra sound and every time I was told it was nothing. Turns out I have a bilateral uterus and at 10 -12 weeks the other side "empties" .

I'm assuming you didn;t have this with your other kids...but that doesn't mean this is call for alarm just yet.

I would stay positive knowing that it could be nothing, stay in bed(don't we all want a reason for that) and then tomorrow see the dr.

Let us know what happens.

LaurenM2107
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I had bleeding on and off in the first trimester with my second pregnancy.  The worst was a lot of bleeding with clots at 12 weeks, but it turned out to be nothing.  Baby was fine and I was fine.  I hope it's nothing for you too.  Good luck.

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Oh you did bleed with both of them....was it around the same time? Is it more like spotting and is this following the same pattern?

Quoting Amanda3117:

well i bleed a little with both my girls and they told me to come in if it coupled with cramping or the bleeding increased

nessy1980
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:30 AM

when I was 13 weeks pregnant with dd I had no insurance at the time. and I was bleeding I was so bad I soaked my car seat, I literally thought I was going to die. so since I have history of miscarriege I assumed I was going through one. So I took a bath because I was told it eleminates miscarrieges faster. but instead it slowed the bleeding down. The next day I had to get my marriege liscence so I was walking a lot. Im a huge procrastinator so it took me a while to get my marriege liscence I needed it to get insurance. so day 3 the bleeding was gone. I didnt get prenatal care until I was 7 months along and there was never a sign I was ever bleeding now I have a 3 year old dd. so I would stay off of your feet and dont loose hope mommas. 

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:30 AM

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Do what the Doctor says and try to stay positive. Sometimes women do bleed a bit while pregnant so it's VERY possible that everything is still just fine. Try not to worry . 

The group I call home is 2gether 4change !! The group I "Play" in is TAA ..I hope to see you there !!!   

Amanda3117
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM

it is not really much more than i had with my girls, but it still scares me.  i am trying to stay positive and hoping it stops soon.  i have been very stressed out iwth the holidays and i am a CNA and one of my fave patient passed friday evening adn i was there so that didnt help the stress levels.  i am hoping and praying everything will turn out fine just as it did with my girls. 

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Amanda3117:

it is not really much more than i had with my girls, but it still scares me. 

Hang in there ..Try and relax worrying won't change it anyway plus it very possibly isn't anything bad anyway. I know it's easier said then done =(

Maybe try to get into a book or movie and take your mind off it. If it gets worse then maybe think about the Hospital..

AmyMiLo
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

***HUGS*** Good Luck Momma!

<3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)