Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I need professional help!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 15 Replies
Its not like it sounds, let me explain. When I first met DH I was in foster care living in a group home. I was also in a BAD relationship with an abusive guy. He once raped me, but I didn't tell anyone cause he convinced me that since I didn't fight back that it wasn't rape. Anyways, DH helped me get out of that relationship. The group home loved DH until they found out we had sex before marriage. I was then forbidden to see him, talk about him, or contact him or his family in any way. They took my engagment ring from me and all the things he had ever given me and told me all the time how I was so horrible for allowing any man to have my body before we were married. We went to the same church and if I so much as looked in his direction I got in trouble. It was so hard on me. We snuck behind their backs to see one another of course, even though they threatened both of us with jail. He would wait on me at the gate and I would sneak out. We did this about twice a week. I ended up getting pregnant. And I had no idea, all I knew was my period was MIA for 3 months. Then one morning I woke up and went to the restroom and a big gush of blood came out. A friend took me to ER but the baby had already came out (I guess in the toilet) so they didn't do much. I don't think I was 3 months along because surely I would have seen the baby. All I saw was a lot of blood clots, and the pain was horrible. Anyways, I called him and he came to ER, but had to leave after a few minutes as to not get arrested. Can you imagine how horrible that was for me? I ended up getting kicked out of the group home and my foster mom that followed allowed me to talk to and see him, but he had to make a 3 hour drive so we ended up seeing each other once a month. We got married 3 months later and have been married since. It was so sad because I had the right to marry him because I was 18, but the state wouldn't let me so I had to run away. Little did anyone know my social worker helped us. Its been almost 3 years and I still have nightmares almost every night that I am being taken away from DH, or that I ma back at the group home and being kept away from him. Last night my dream also included that ex boyfriend. I can't seem to make the dreams stop. Its over with, why can't I get over it?
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM

PTSD maybe? Try seeing a therapist to help you work through it. Good Luck ! 

The group I call home is 2gether 4change !! The group I "Play" in is TAA ..I hope to see you there !!!   

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM
I have severe PTSD. I too wonder if what you are experiencing is that. I met every one of the criteria on the DSM for my diagnoses. Have you talked to a docter about it? They can recommend therapist and medications if that is indeed what it is.

MoM.i.aM
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM
That is what I am wondering. But I can't think of a therapist I can go to with my income.
Quoting Mackenzie40:

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Quoting MoM.i.aM:

That is what I am wondering. But I can't think of a therapist I can go to with my income.

Are you in the US? There are many free therapy services for sexual assualt survivors. Check to see if you have a sexual assualt crisis center in your area..if you call them, they should definitely be able to point you to some free resources. GL

maybaby08
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Do you have insurance? If so you can call and ask about EAP benefits if you have any. We get 18 or so free therapy visits a year and after that the copay is $15. If you don't have insurance there a plenty of sliding scale (payment is based off of your income) therapists out there. Where do you live?

Quoting MoM.i.aM:

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Quoting MoM.i.aM:

Quoting Mackenzie40:

I would try calling your reg. Doctor he may know someone , the Hospital often has a mental health clinic that will work on a sliding scale or social services department in your town.

It can get better .

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:23 AM
I think I am invisible in this post:(

SeductiveMomma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I too beleive I am going through this but have not been diagnosed. I was not raped but I was physically and mentally abused by my DD's Sperm Doner. I stayed with him for 3 years until I finally got the courage up to just take off with the baby. Every night I am waking up in the middle of my sleep because of a nightmare of him. The worst part is every where I go If i see a guy that resembles him I believe its him and I take off away from the area scared sooooo bad. My mom thinks its just from me being pregnant and more emotional but since i have been pregnant it only got worse and Now i see the seriousness of this whole thing.Mine is so bad I am soooooooo scared to even go any where by myself. Like today I am wanting to go to church but I am freaking out.

I am soooo sorry you have to go through this because its really hard to do your daily living thinking about it

I think getting help wouldnt hurt you in anyway. either it will help or it wont.

GL momma

Pregnancy ticker

Non-CIO Momma, Non-Smoker, Non-Drinker, Married, Loving mother of one beautiful Princess and One on the way, Will be a memeber of the Latter-Day Saints Of Jesus Christ As Of November 28th, 2009, Pro-Life (Because Babies dont have a choice), Computer Geek, Family Orinented, SAHM, loves to Volunteer, On PA, Thrift Store Shop-A-Holic Heck of a mom Who loves her family and friends and Wouldnt trade them for the world
SeductiveMomma
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:28 AM

your not invisible momma Your siggy is HUGE lol. I see ya!

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I think I am invisible in this post:(

Pregnancy ticker

Non-CIO Momma, Non-Smoker, Non-Drinker, Married, Loving mother of one beautiful Princess and One on the way, Will be a memeber of the Latter-Day Saints Of Jesus Christ As Of November 28th, 2009, Pro-Life (Because Babies dont have a choice), Computer Geek, Family Orinented, SAHM, loves to Volunteer, On PA, Thrift Store Shop-A-Holic Heck of a mom Who loves her family and friends and Wouldnt trade them for the world
mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Quoting SeductiveMomma:

your not invisible momma Your siggy is HUGE lol. I see ya!

Thank you momma:) I actually L.O.L at that one. The cat is looking at me like I have lost my damn mind. She might just be right:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)