Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everyone has an opinion on baby names . . . .

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

So we think we've pick a baby name and I just wanted input on it.  Love it or hate it we're probably not going to change our mind (though you never know once you see that LO) but I thought it would be fun anyway.  Wilhemina Kate or Mina for short.  It's a family name (my great grandma) and Kate was just a name my DH always liked.  All my children have family names so I wanted to keep with the tradition.  My DH likes the name and agrees that when we call her that it just "sounds right".  He did point out however that the only time he's ever heard the name is in reference to the character Mina Harker (you know Dracula's bride in the Bram Stoker story).  I have to admit that's a plus with my DD 11 whose all into Twilight and vampires right now.  So what do you ladies think?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happySAHMmomof2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I LOVE it! 

Amy
Mom to Aria (4), Miles (2) and Liviana (17 months)
& a HUGE suprise due early 2010

Signature copy small3 copy

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll18/SG_Styles/PM_admin_black.gif

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I kinda like it!
I love the nick name too!

rennez
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I love old names!  I'm not a HUGE fan of the full name, but Mina is adorable! 

IhartU
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I'd be so afraid someone would start calling her Willy... Mina is so much prettier!

I think it's a beautiful old name and goes great with the name Kate. big smile mini

emandnsmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM

It is your choice. If you like it that's all that matters! When my husband and I named our youngest daughter Noelle, we recieved the strangest looks..oh well!

Donna
Wife to Tony
Mother to Emily and Noelle
kat4life06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I love the name! It is ironic. I just made a post the other day about the name of our son, due in April stating how pretty much all my family hates the name... or atleast dislikes it because it isn't the norm. Not that I care :)

Mommy to Alex Lee Cox (Nov 14, 2007) who is big brother to:

Pregnancy%20ticker

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin

"You keep accusing me of blasphemy all the time, but I cannot be convicted of a victimless crime." - Dan Barker

"There is no reason to believe God exists, so I don't." - Victor J. Stenger

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." - Dave Barry

alicia2237
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I think it's really pretty and you're right, Kate does go really well with it. We are naming our son Carrick Arden and some people just look at us like "what?". We love it and like you said, it feels right.

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM
I like Mina but I am a dummy and gonna ask cause I can't figure it out. How do you say the full name?

Hetaira
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Willa-Mina.  As a matter of fact Willa can be another nickname for Wilhemina but I prefer Mina. 

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I like Mina but I am a dummy and gonna ask cause I can't figure it out. How do you say the full name?

CafeMom Tickers
ArmyWife0927
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I actually like it. It is different which I like. The names we have picked out for our next child are different. There are not to many that like them but oh well......

Come Home Soon Daddy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)