Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats ur opinion on a womans role?!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 11 Replies

My husband changes a diaper maybe once a month unless hes alone with Marcus and absolutely has to... I asked him why i ALWAYS has to do it.

He says because its a "Womans job" he says hes a father and he really shouldnt hafta do it.

by the way i work n hes unemployed.. well he works for a temp agency so he sometimes works, i work full time as a head cook

Do you think im wrong for being mad?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:52 AM
I would not accept that. There are no woman's or man's jobs here in my home. It usually depends on who finds the diaper lol. You are both equally the child's parents and therefore you should equally take care of him. So yea, I agree with you.

LadyIsobel
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I would not accept that. There are no woman's or man's jobs here in my home. It usually depends on who finds the diaper lol. You are both equally the child's parents and therefore you should equally take care of him. So yea, I agree with you.

I second that :-)

aviatorswife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:55 AM

In our house, I stay home , my husband works. So, naturally I do the majority of the changes, but when my husband is home I expect him to pitch in and do his part. I don't ask him to do alot, but it is his child too. So, yeah, it's not asking alot.

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
firefly63701

You not wrong for being mad.  I handle all kids related stuff. Which is alot since my son has autism.  I handle the drs. ds's meds, feeding, bathing, homework.  All of it.  But he does handle most of the housework, so I cant really complain to much.

gulfcoastmom4

Yes I would be upset but did you two discuss any of this BEFORE you had kids? I think thats where many people make mistakes. Both DH and I know what the other expects so it makes it easier for us.

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I persnally think this stuff should be discussed before having kids!
I knew going into it, my DH was not going to be much help at first (he did surprise me though!)
I knew he wouldn't change diapers, he couldn't feed her because I BF and he wouldn't bathe her.
It wasn't a big deal to me! She is almost 2 and he has changed 2 diapers! He has been the one to wake up with her since birth (after I BF her) and only really bathes her when I am sick and he is home at bath time for some reason!

NiahandAvasmama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I think a lot of men and women say things similar...for instance I think that the trash is all on my husband.  It's his job to take the trash out as he goes to work or any other time it's full.  He also gets gas so I don't have to, my car always has a full tank.  At the same time though we do the dishes and we vacumn.  I am a SAHM too but my job is my children and their needs and if I can't get to other things then the housework becomes our job.  There are a few things that I do like organizing, and cleaning the bathroom, and making dinner, washing and folding laundry and that's because I think I do it better. (LOL)  As far as our children, I do change a lot more diapers but I am the one who satys home but when he is home he does too.  I give the baths/showers because my girls like it better when I do it and I get them dressed or it will look like they dressed themselves if he does it.  I'd say the way we do things works for us.

~T!FF~

southernjess3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Quoting mommasbabies77:

CafeMom Tickers

rayzensun
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM

nope---

my husband is trying to pull that stuff right now....

a mother's place is not among feces....

he either helps out or he finds the diaper on his pillow....

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I can't stand people like him. 

A woman's "role" can be whatever the hell SHE wants it to be.

If he's at home most of the time he should be helping with taking care of the child...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)