Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long did it take? * update*

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

how long did it take for your baby to go from rocking on her/his knees before they ook off crawling?

Keira is on her knees rocking back and forth and sometimes she tries to go but she pushes with her feet instead of her knees and ends up going up and falling instead.

**** UPDATE****

She is now crawling & pulling up on stuff. ahhhh seriously! she is growing up and doing things soooo much faster than my son did, I am so not ready for all this! Lol!

she went from rocking on her hands and knees to crawling and pulling up in 2 weeks.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

bump?

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM

awwww my baby is the same age as yours and he cant lift his tummy up yet hes getting close though

HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

she JUST started this. but with everything else, once she did something it was non stop like she had been doin it forever, lol. and quick. so i am wondering how long it takes from this to crawling for other kids.... i am going out TODAY to get baby proofing stuff! lol. Im not ready for this yet!

Quoting babie113:

awwww my baby is the same age as yours and he cant lift his tummy up yet hes getting close though

HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

hmmmm maybe a different title?

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:21 AM

yeah diff title lol ...shes very cute btw i love this age don't you ? i cant wait for avian to start crawling but he hasn't really started to sit up yet so i duno whats going on .im kinda worried somethings wrong

meryclaire
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM

my kids rocked at 6 months crawled around 8 months and then "elephant walked" at 11 months and walked at 12.

Photobucket
periwinkle163
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Every baby is different my son was happy rocking back and forth for about 2 months before crawling, my daughter was 2 days. Either way crawling is coming! How exciting for you.

chjack123
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM

It took a couple to three weeks. It really depends on how quickly they can coordinate the hand and knees moving forward. My DD would push herself backwards for awhile trying to get places. Enjoy the immobility while it last because once they are proficient movers they don't stop.

bouncing

kaker104
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM

It took Liam 2-3wks to get from rocking to crawling. He was crawling and sitting up like a champ by 5 1/2, 6mos. Walking at 8.

debbie26
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Your DD is right on track girl my DD started to crawl at 6 months so i think she's fine she should soon be taking off in no time....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)