Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you perfer when your sick?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

First it started with my daughter really sick and she still is.So i know where i got it from.Im going to go to the store in a little while and oics some meds up for me.but there are so MANY to choose from i dont know what one is the best to get me to start feeling  soon.Im a stay at home mom and im pretty damn sick and its hard to take care of my sick daughter....

when you ladies are sick what do you buy to help you to start feeling better?My throat hurts bad,im stuffed up and a cough.I feel awful

baby development
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachel12342
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Something with the most vitamin C. It'll shorten your sickness

CafeMom Tickers

I'm a pro-life, anti CIO, co sleeping, non vaxing(PM me to find out why), 17 yr old Christian mom to Lorelai. I have an almost perfect GPA and hope to attend Duke university. I want to be a pediatrician or pediatric oncologist.
iluvmylil1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I have been drinking alot of orange juice so im getting some vitamin c in me.

BUMP

baby development
Rachel12342
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Quoting iluvmylil1:

I have been drinking alot of orange juice so im getting some vitamin c in me.

BUMP

Try the vitamins with it and take it a little more than recommended. It really helps. Here's another bump

CafeMom Tickers

I'm a pro-life, anti CIO, co sleeping, non vaxing(PM me to find out why), 17 yr old Christian mom to Lorelai. I have an almost perfect GPA and hope to attend Duke university. I want to be a pediatrician or pediatric oncologist.
TygerLily62
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I really like Tylenol Cold, but only if someone's there to watch the baby. That stuff knocks you out! I also really like Theraflu for chest colds.

Trisha-Faye
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I prefer Tylenol Severe Sinus, the one behind the pharmacy counter.

If that is not available I like the blue liquid tylenol (can't remember what the name is).

My fall back is sudafed, if I can't find the tylenol one(s).

OJ is good, but cranberry juice has more vitamin C and has the added benefit of being good for you urinary/bladder.  Also chicken soup and saltine crackers.

Plus vicks vapor rub will help soothe your bronchi and peppermint drops will help with a sore throat.

If you nose is stuffy you can use Afrin (get no-drip) for 4 days before you have to worry about rebound stuffiness..and do sinus rinses.

And last but not least: caffeine is a mild natural bronchodialator so drink hot coffee or hot tea...or soda high in caffeine (dr. pepper and mt. dew are the highest of the rgular sodas)

lyrick24
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

dayquil

StarsChildren
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

One... echanacia.
Two... a pine needle tea with lemon and honey (just use the fresh pine needles off a tree outside, boil them in water, put a slice of lemon in the teapot and a teaspoon of honey, poor the boiled pine needles and the water over the top, let it sit for a few minutes and drink)

Those two are my favorites for helping to clear up a cold fast, no matter what type of cold it is. I had my first cold in years back in August, on my back for 3 days straight and drank that tea 3-4 times a day and took the other once a day and it made me feel a lot better.

I am a Buddhist, Child Led Parenting, All Natural Kinda Mom

Check Out These Groups:

Well Rounded Moms
; Buddhist Mamas ; Natural Earth Mamas ;
Natural Pregnancy & Childbirth
; *Raising Intact Boys* ; Choosing Not To Vaccinated

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I usually make homemade soup and eat foods with extra vitamins, fresh fruits and veggies, juice, etc..

brandi185
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM

i was sick like that from about thanksgiving to right before christmas.  i kept seeing this comercial for affrin.  never saw it before so i was thinking maybe it's a sign.  so about half wa into my illness i decided to try it.  that stuff is awesome.  i will never use any other decongestant.  i got the affrin no drip with menthol.  i spray it in my nose according to the directions then let it sit (no sucking or blowing my nose) for about 5 minutes then i will blow my nose real good.  then i'm good to go for the rest of the day.  it's also 12 hour so i don't have to remember to take more every 4 hours.  i did suck the snot down the first time i used affrin, big mistake.  the taste is real bad and i nearly vomited.  after that first blow you can still taste it but no where near as bad.  i even turned my hubby onto this and he was a sudafed kind of person.

Trisha-Faye
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM

dont use echanacea if there is asthma in your family or if ya'll have allergies to ragweed.  It is a member of the same family as ragweed.

Side Effects and Cautions  http://www.health-care-clinic.org/alternative-medicines/echinacea.html

• When taken by mouth, echinacea usually does not cause side effects. However, some people experience allergic reactions, including rashes, increased asthma, and anaphylaxis (a life-threatening allergic reaction). In clinical trials, gastrointestinal side effects were most common.
  • People are more likely to experience allergic reactions to echinacea if they are allergic to related plants in the daisy family, which includes ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, and daisies. Also, people with asthma
    or atopy (a genetic tendency toward allergic reactions) may be more likely to have an allergic reaction when taking echinacea.
  • It is important to inform your health
    care providers about any herb or dietary supplement you are using, including echinacea. This helps to ensure safe and coordinated care.
Quoting StarsChildren:

One... echanacia.
Two... a pine needle tea with lemon and honey (just use the fresh pine needles off a tree outside, boil them in water, put a slice of lemon in the teapot and a teaspoon of honey, poor the boiled pine needles and the water over the top, let it sit for a few minutes and drink)

Those two are my favorites for helping to clear up a cold fast, no matter what type of cold it is. I had my first cold in years back in August, on my back for 3 days straight and drank that tea 3-4 times a day and took the other once a day and it made me feel a lot better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)