Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are people really this stupid.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM
  • 15 Replies

true story!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My MIl told us that she she first open her bank account.  The bank gave her a book of check.  she thought that if she had the check; she had money in the bank.   she wrote a bunch of checks with no money in her account.  She bounce a whole bunch of check.  are there people that think that?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CryssiH
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Obviously, there are, since she's one of them.  Yes, unfortunately, there are quite a few naive people in the world that think that. 

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Like my stepmom, she thought if she hid the bills in the microwave, they would just vanish! Lol!!!!!!

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I wouldnt say "stupid". I would just say they werent as "well informed" as they should have been on how to keep a checkbook.

thats not the first time ive heard of someone doing that. 

spcjones203
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I didn't even read the post. My answer is: Yes, people are really that stupid. And when you think they can't get any dumber, they turn around and surprise you.

jessiesluv

Does that work? LOL!!!

Quoting isra1986:

Like my stepmom, she thought if she hid the bills in the microwave, they would just vanish! Lol!!!!!!

stardustmom2

Sorry yes! i did the same when i was 16. no one ever explained it to me. and my mom and dad never had bank account.

i admit it i was stupid and 16 and thought i knew it all! LOL 

stardustmom.gif picture by stardustmom_bucket

sarah969

I know a couple of people that done this (no I am not one of them)These one people I worked with told me they did this and laughed about it cause they did think they would have to pay it back

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM

No! Your TV gets cut off, so does your phone, but atleast you don't get the collection calls with no phone! Lol!!!!!

Quoting jessiesluv:

Does that work? LOL!!!

Quoting isra1986:

lacey82606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM

are there people who don't know that the plural form of "check" is "checks?"

lol sorry OP, couldn't help myself.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Yes there are people out there like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)