Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth parents and step parents**SCARY**

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 33 Replies

I have notices alot of stuff that goes on between both parties on here. Bickering from both ends. I was wondering how do you guys even come to any agreements with all of this chaos going on? I would be scared to approach this situation if it were to ever come up and me and DH split. I would have to worry about his new GF or DW nitpicking over MY parenting skills, calling CPS on me and various other things. I think I would take my children and RUN!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2LPK
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I hope and pray i'll never have to deal with a step mother .... I wouldn't want any other women raising my children.

and I probably myself would never remarry until my children were older because I went through the whole step parent thing as a kid and I HATED it. Now that im older he doesn't even notice me anymore, I was never his "daughter" just some child that his wife had. 

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM

In a lot of cases, it is sheer immaturity. My parents were divorced when I was younger and there were never any problems. It really can be done in a civil manner.

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Well, in my situation, bm wasnt actively involved until about 2 years ago. (the kids are 11 & 12 now).

Both sets need to know their boundaries and we have came a VERY long way than where we used to be.

One thing that bm knows- she cant rule my house or my husband. (dh is primary custodial parent). My house, my rules. I am the mother in my home.

My skids and I have a great relationship and yes they call me momma.

As far as communication, we usually do email. 

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I don't speak Arabic, she doesn't speak English. We have no reason to contact eachother so there is no drama. DH has to be the one to deal with hte drama on his own though :(

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I just want to add that there are some AWESOME stepparents out there and some CRAZY birth parents out there as well.

Its seems as though stepparents usually get the bad rap before we even have a chance to prove ourselves.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM

It's not always like that. My step-son's BM is awesome. 

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM

man, i wish bm spoke another language! LOL

Quoting isra1986:

I don't speak Arabic, she doesn't speak English. We have no reason to contact eachother so there is no drama. DH has to be the one to deal with hte drama on his own though :(

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Lol! It's the perfect situation! Not so perfect for DH though!

Quoting jessiesluv:

man, i wish bm spoke another language! LOL

Quoting isra1986:

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM

you know, I wish the bm I dealt with was awesome.

But you know shes bad news when the very first time you ever meet her, your dh (bf then) has to call and beg her to watch the kids for an hour and then when you drop them off, the first thing she tries to do is get your dh to come in the house "alone" with her.

Quoting msmoody:

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Yeah, I really lucked out. I don't even refer to her as my step-son's mom..she's just my friend. She was holding my hand when I gave birth to my son.

Quoting jessiesluv:

you know, I wish the bm I dealt with was awesome.

But you know shes bad news when the very first time you ever meet her, your dh (bf then) has to call and beg her to watch the kids for an hour and then when you drop them off, the first thing she tries to do is get your dh to come in the house "alone" with her.

Quoting msmoody:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)