Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm a CPST (car seat tech) dual national, AF wife, SAHM to one. Ask me anything........

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM
  • 66 Replies

I'm going to bite the bullet and join in

Go on ask me anything......

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM

When did you first learn about ERF?  I love hearing about how people get bitten by the car seat bug!  :)

tabi_cat1023
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM

When did you turn your child FFing and Why?

jrp0606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM

When Austin was about 15 months old.  We had been in the UK and i'd kept him RFing because I was too lazy to change his seat when i knew we were moving back to the US.

When we got here we got the Alpha Omega Elite and he went FF at 14months old.

A month later I got talking to a mom who is no longer on CM and she gave me some information.  At 1 in the morning I was outside wrestling his seat RFing. Which I couldn't do.  We ended up taking it to a tech that weekend and after talking to her I was doomed. 

and the rest they say is history.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

When did you first learn about ERF?  I love hearing about how people get bitten by the car seat bug!  :)

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

lukesmyboy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM
I have a carseat question
jrp0606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

After my initial blip FF at 14 months olds he rearfaced again until 2 and half.  so last Dec.  sob sob he's been FF for a year now.

He had outgrown every seat on the market for rearfacing limit.  I turned him at 34lbs, and he just barely had 1" of height left so he pretty much outgrew in height about the same time as weight.

The myRide didn't hit the market until the spring and by then he was already 38lbs so DH would have killed my if i had bought a seat for 2 lbs especially after I had just bought all the higher weight harness seats.

He could have rearfaced in a myride until 3 though.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

When did you turn your child FFing and Why?

jrp0606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM

OK what is it?

Quoting lukesmyboy:

I have a carseat question

tabi_cat1023
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Whats the hardest part of being a SAHM in your opnion..I'm a working mom so

jrp0606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Maintaining my sanity while keeping a three year old entertained all day.

I actually suffer mommy guilt being at home - because when I worked he was at school, had friends, was learning, and had constant activities.  and I don't feel like I give him all that no matter how hard I try. 

i'm weird huh - working moms are supposed to have mommy guilt not SAHM.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM

LOL - moms can feel guilty about darn near anything - it is our gift!  LOL!

Quoting jrp0606:

Maintaining my sanity while keeping a three year old entertained all day.

I actually suffer mommy guilt being at home - because when I worked he was at school, had friends, was learning, and had constant activities.  and I don't feel like I give him all that no matter how hard I try. 

i'm weird huh - working moms are supposed to have mommy guilt not SAHM.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

AmiJanell
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM

What would you do? We will have 2 different seats for my son... one that RF's to 35 lbs and the other to 45lbs... we don't have the money to buy another seat that RF's longer... when he outgrows his ETA do think he will be okay still RF's in his Radian or do you think it will upset him? I think I will RF in the Radian longer... I don't know if I will RF to 45 lbs.  What would you do if it were you? We have a long time still but it's something I keep thinking about.

And then... you're a stay at home mom.... what do you do all day? I work full time and still don't know what to do with my son when I'm home... we have run out of things to do. What kinds of things would you do with a 17 month old?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)