Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the single mom's..

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

How often do you date?  Do you find it difficult to balance a job, family, and trying to find that perfect someone?  Or are you even looking?

I'm just trying to prepare myself... I move out on the 15th, I'll be in school full time, and I should be getting a full time job as well, and I'll be taking care of little man on most days - although husband said that he would take him as often as necessary.....

I guess I just wanna know what it's like...

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I'm wondering about that, too. Before I met my husband, i was working full time and going to school full time and I never had time to date, that's why it took us months to go on four dates. Now I have kids...I think it will be harder.

Not that I'm ready or wanting to date, but... I'd at least like to have some time with my girlfriends!

HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Yeah, I think it will be harder.. at least in the beginning.  Maybe it will get better the more we get use to it?

Quoting kk_bella:

I'm wondering about that, too. Before I met my husband, i was working full time and going to school full time and I never had time to date, that's why it took us months to go on four dates. Now I have kids...I think it will be harder.

Not that I'm ready or wanting to date, but... I'd at least like to have some time with my girlfriends!

randi1978
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM

No dating for me.  I just want a piece of ass from time to time.  No time or patience for the headache of a relationship.  I have a guy friend who comes over from time to time when the need is there.  But between work, trying to spend time with my dd and even some sort of half assed social like (which is even rarer), there is just too much going on.

Suz_and_Ash
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:52 AM

When I was single there was no time for me to date.  I was going to school full time, working part time, and taking care of my daughter and spending what available time I had with her.  Eventually I decided I needed some adult interaction and after at an attempt at something with a guy I met on a dating site, I met my hubby on facebook.

graciesmom6206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I have been out of the dating scene for almost a year now because finally one of the "dates" ended up being Mr Right.  But when I was dating I used Eharmony and Plenty of Fish and got to know guys that way.  I could chat online and on the phone after my daughter went to sleep and I am very fortunate as my parents like to take my DD every Friday night.  So if one of the people I spoke with peaked my interest we would set up Drinks for Friday around 7 ish and meet some where, if it didn't work out I had plenty of time still to go out with girlfriends.    But it is hard though, I hated dating. 

NananRaysmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I will not date...I just really don't want a man around my kids that's not their father...and their father wont have another woman around them.  First...a relationship takes time and effort...that I am not willing to take away from my kids.  Second, I don't think anyone can love my kids like me and their dad...so there's no point in trying to find second best.  I grew up with a step dad and I was miserable.  I felt like the odd one out...and I will not do it to my kids.  I think they are more important than my social life...and when they are grown I will worry about me!!  Plus, someday their dad and I plan on living together again...but, right now we just don't get along...and we have lived seperatly for 3 years.  He is very active in their lives and there's no need to confuse them by me dating.  I have my friends trying to get me to date all the time...and they just don't understand that right now that's not whats important to me...

We can NOT win a war if we don't identify who the enemy is.  We can NOT have a country if we don't have and enforce our borders.  We can NOT be a unified country without one common language.

RECESSION: When your neighbor loses his job. DEPRESSION: When you lose your job. RECOVERY: When Obama loses his.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)