Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Gross!!** Help w/ a vomit stain!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

So, yesterday morning sucked to say the least.  I woke up and discovered puke all over my living room.  On my carpet, a tad bit on 2 of my couches, and a little bit on a blanket.  My neice (12 y/o) and nephew (6 y/o) had stayed the night and slept in the living room.  I woke up my niece to see if she knew what had happened.......someone had obviously attempted to clean up the vomit a little bit.  She didnt know, so I woke up my BIL who stays here more than his own home.  (he is our babysitter and we dont mind him being here at all, we are all very close.)  He said that it was him, apologized and said my DH told him to clean what he could, then  wait for me in the morning.  My BIL offered to clean it, but i did it because i wanted it done right.....and i'm picky.

Anyway......my BIL told me that he threw up on a blanket and my 2 y/o's new panda bear and that they were in a trash bag in my laundry room.  I didnt even look at the bag until that evening because I was busy washing all the blankets.  When i checked i realized the blanket he threw  up on is a hand made quilt that my mother made for me.  It is a really nice detailed quilt...not one with just a bunch of solid squares sewn together.  And.......the majority of it is WHITE!  The vomit is so going to stain it!!! 

So...this whole long story was for me to ask what in heck I can use to get the stain out?  I dont have anything at all to use right now, but am heading to the store in a few hours.  Please help!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amybeth421
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM

All that comes to mind is one of those stain sticks from Tide or use color safe bleach.  Hope that the stains come out Good Luck.

CharityS
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Anything that has Oxy in it would help, I think. Good luck to you. 

Charity

Karma-Gotta love her

andreaRC
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I usually use those stain sticks, not from Tide though....I cant remember the brand.  I think that would really turn my stomach to use one of those on vomit though.....especially fabric with a large area of vomit.  I'd be rubbing vomit all day, LOL! 

I think i'll pick one up for any spots i can get out though, that will probably get it out!

Quoting amybeth421:

All that comes to mind is one of those stain sticks from Tide or use color safe bleach.  Hope that the stains come out Good Luck.

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I use a Spray and Wash with Resolve in it. It's a red squirt bottle. I also use these Tide stain packs that you just throw in the washer. I use both at the same time and they work well on hard stains.

ericadorsey83
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I use Borax and boiling water. It has worked miracles for me. Sprinkle borax on the stain then poor boiling water over and scrub and it should be good to go! I have two boys and I've had to use this alot. Its safe and doesn't fade my carpet! Good luck with your stain

Devoted Mommy to Atticus and Mason and wife to my Poochie Wiggles

usafwife314
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I use this oxyclean pet stuff.  It's in a gray bottle with some blue on it.  It has taken up lots of stuff out of my carpet (I have an almost 3 year old).

andreaRC
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

I use a Spray and Wash with Resolve in it. It's a red squirt bottle. I also use these Tide stain packs that you just throw in the washer. I use both at the same time and they work well on hard stains.

OH!  I have never heard of those type of stain removing sticks, lol.  I suppose thats the kind the PP was talking about!  And i think the stain sticks i normally use are from Spray and Wash.....but like  I said before...i would have to rub it on the vomit, and...eww! 

Thanks for the ideas, ladies!  My mom will be pretty PO'ed  if I cant get the stain out!  This quilt took her  5 years to make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)