Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

January should be called obesity awareness month.......NOT A FUN ENOUGH TITLE FOR YA: LOOK HERE *UPDATE IN RED*

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 18 Replies

Well it's that time of year ladies. It's the new year and everyones desire to get skinny is in full force.  Everywhere I look someone is talking about, the many many diet options our supermarkets and pharmacies are loaded with.

On cafemom I have noticed lots of questions about different diets and on T.V. taco bell now has a weightloss menu. CRAZYYYY.  So i thought this would be interesting for people to post here what their plans are, or things that have worked for them and we can be a huge bundle of information.

I went a little to the extreme, I went from being a red meat loving omnivore to vegan I also walked for 30 minutes 5 days a week. And after 30 days I saw huge results in not just my figure but in my mood,  my energy, and trips to the bathroom were much much easier if you kwim. I never felt better in my entire life except for maybe when I was a kid lol. I am no longer Vegan though I do strive to be.

I am a sucker for cheese. Casein in dairy actually acts like an addictive substance, similiar to breat milk. In breastmilk like cows milk there are chemicals in there that turn on the happy feelings in the brain. Which in turn makes the little babies and calves want to nurse as much as possible. So in a way we are all little sucklings lol. So I know the source of my cheese addiction now to go about fighting it. Isn't it amazing how a tiny amount of cheese or butter completely transforms a dish? Well now you know why.

So here are my Before and after pictures. I still have a ways to go, so bare with me lol. 168 LBS

After 30 days vegan 143 LBS

SO IF YOU HAVE A SUCCESS STORY, SHARE IT.   IF YOU HAVE PLANS, SHARE THEM.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, BRING EM ON! 

UPDATE* WE ARE TAKING A SPONTANEOUS TRIP TO THE SCIENCE MUSEUM SO I WILL BE AWAY FOR A WHILE. DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM RESPONDING OR ASKING ANYTHING. I WILL GO THROUGH AND TRY TO RESPOND TO EVERYONE WHEN I GET BACK.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarchMarie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I want your recipes, all of them. NOW!!! LOL! I would love to see those results!

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I only did actual cooking once a day lol. Breakfast was typically oatmeal, or cereal with soymilk and I have to say that at first i was afraid of soy milk lol. than after that I would have a piece of fruit or nuts or both depending how hungry I was.  than lunch would be leftovers from the night before I always made sure i had enough for lunch the next day another snack of nuts or fruit. Than I would google vegan recipes or check out post punk kitchen for a new recipe and choose what sounded best. I would do that every sunday so i could shop for the week.  and i would always keep a couple of bocca burgers on hand just in case something didn't turn out very tasty lol.

I found though that going vegan you do get hungry quicker so you end up eating more frequently, But the food is typically very nutrient dense so it doesn't take much to full you up. So you end up eating the way you are supposed too. 

Quoting MarchMarie:

I want your recipes, all of them. NOW!!! LOL! I would love to see those results!

hautemama83
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I have no pics but I lost over 100 lbs (mostly baby weight), by eating more meats, and protein and working out. All in less than year too.

lilyNnannysmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM

my son can only drink soy...but silk is almost $7 a gallon

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM

wow. I don't buy silk. I alternate the milks i buy. I have used rice milk and almond milk. I don't buy it from the cold area so that might be why i dont' spend that much on silk 

Quoting lilyNnannysmom:

my son can only drink soy...but silk is almost $7 a gallon

mommylovehug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Way to go!  Very inspirational!  I've lost 15lbs so far, and then stopped dieting for the holidays, so yesterday was my official start day of my diet again.

------------------------
I was tired of trying to make money on survey sites that didn't pay, now I use crowngpt... NO SURVEYS, just click links and get the money in less than 5 minutes!

Meganabc
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Milk and cheese are one of my biggest downfalls I could eat/drink it all  the time. I'm starting a walking/running program in the next week so I hope that will work for me. For me it's getting up and out of the house that's the big thing too. I need to get down about 60-70lbs.

Are you a plus size mama that wants to lose weight?
Then join us at Plus Size Mama's Losing Weight!

lilyNnannysmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM

hes 16 months and needs the calories...but im thrilled for your weight lose

kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I would like to lose 30 pounds, I am considering a few different things to try. The weight watcher sposts from yesterday had me convinced, lol. I really just need to exercise, though. My NY resolution is go to the gym on campus at least twice a week.

anetrnlov
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I've lost and gained so much weight over the last few years it is insane.

I never make New Year's Resolutions because I simply do not keep them BUT I do have some plans for 2010.

I have an appointment with a Chiropractor/Nutritionist on Friday.  I will be meeting with her regularly.

My husband and I are going to start a Purification Program from Standard Process that she is going to monitor.  It is a 21 day detox program that can be done every 4 months. 

After that 21 days I will be switching to a modified Mediterranean diet.

My parents see this doctor and have done the purification program a few times and switched their diet.  My father has lost about 100lbs and my mother has lost about 45lbs.

They both look great and are healthier now then they have been since they were in their early 20's.

I am also asking the doctor to write a prescription for an elliptical for me and I plan on walking/doing to elliptical and expanding on my exercise from there.

Grand total I would IDEALLY like to lose 160 lbs BUT I am truly more concerned about being generally healthy.

My goals are to:

Have more energy.

Be able to sleep.

Get my asthma under control.

Be able to keep up with my children.

Be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)