Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you ladies think? to much for a baby thats not even 2 months old yet??

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM
  • 64 Replies

so I get on my Facebook today and noticed my friends status and i was so shocked..you ladies be the judge.

"my baby is fat baby he is eating cereal in the moring, fruit and veggies in the afternoon and a 8 oz bottle all other feedings :)"

Her son wasnt a big baby to start off with he was only 7 lbs,18 inches long. My son was 9lbs and 22 inches my son was a big baby and still doesnt eat 8oz a bottlefeeding and my son is 10 months old.Does it seem like too much to be feeding him? She is basing her feedings off of what her grandmother told her a baby should be eating.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juliekat23
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM

The baby shouldn't be eating food at all...formula/breastmilk only. The doctors don't recommend food until 4 months and lots of moms wait even longer than that.

CafeMom Tickers

kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Yes, it is, a child less than two months old should not be eating anything other than formula/breastmilk....I personally am not a fan of rice cereal, but the fruits and veggies is what gets me...

maybaby08
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I didn't start DS on any solids until 5-6 months..definitely wouldn't even think about it before 2 months! DS was probably eating 2-4 oz bottles at that time.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

punkomama08
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM

babies that young shouldn't have anything but formula or breastmilk, Their stomachs arn't prepared for that kind of complexity. your friend should know that things have changed in the last 50 years.  

chloesmom637
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Doctors do recommend cereal for babies who are having trouble gaining weight like my friends baby ... But i would not recommend it for babies that are perfectly healthy ... It is that mothers decision though .. it is her child

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I suppose since he's her kid she can feed him what she pleases.

mama2conor
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Ugh, is she nuts!  It pissed my MIL off, but I chose to ignore much of the advice my MIL had given me about how to take care of our son because I knew (from research) that she was wrong and it was not a good thing to do that stuff to him so young.  Seriously your friend needs to do her own research and talk to her pediatrician next time her grandmother tells her she should do something a certain way.  The advice isn't a bad thing, but not following it up w/ proper research when it comes to the safety of your baby is just plain ignorance.

babybull0601
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I would say yes that is to much.  The cereal to me is not a big deal b/c maybe he has reflux and instead of putting him on meds that cereal is helping. The baby food though is a no no to me. 

momto3infl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM

For a 2mth old yeah that is a lot-by 2mths mine all had cereal in the morning and were eating 6oz bottles at each feeding.  But I do know that my kids each were eaching almost that (we did table food and not jar baby food) and def having 8oz bottles at 10mths  of age. 

momof2146
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I suppose since he's her kid she can feed him what she pleases.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)