Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the reason i dont send my husband to target by himself (update!!)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • 75 Replies

i NEVER take the him to the store with me becuase of emberrasment issues, 1. he sings and dances in the isles, 2. he will cluck like a chicken 3. he will point to people and say REALLY loud comments about them EX: it was around christmas time when i was about 8 months pregnant andit was christmastime, we went with his sister to the supermarket to get her ramen noodles, she had her wisdom teeth taken out the day before and thats they only thing she could eat. so anyways.....as we are walking down the isle a big old man walks towards us, he had a white beard and was "jolly" looking. my husband sucks his breath in really loud and yells out SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!! and follows the man around the store. yes, my husband the than 30 year old man!!

so i sent him to target today by himself becuase its cold andi dont want to take our recently sick child out. he calls me just a few minutes ago to tell me "the eagle has landed!" and continues the conversation with me, becuase god forbid he gets lost in TARGET. i had to give him specific directions to the right isle, and he still managed to get lost. so hes there, now keepin mind ladies, my husband is colorblind! so whatever is purple to us, its blue to him. finally after10 minutes (seemed like a freaking hour) of explaining to him EXACTLY what i needed he finally gets it and walks to get the cat littler. he is singing on the phone to me!  he claims people around him are laughing "with" him but from experience i know they arelaughing AT him. btw, my husband is now 32.

update: i forgot to tell you ladies that he came home safely after laughing with some strangers, becuase afterall......it was funny for him to sing like spongebob in the target isles!! and TADA!! he came home with EXACTLY what i needed and playdough for our son! (which i hate but its ok).

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briana_paige
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM

You are a better woman than I am. It's one thing to be silly and another to make a fool of yourself. That would get on my freakin' nerves. I don't think I could put up with it.

chelsie_lyn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM

yupp sounds like a typical 32 year old kid haha

toiatoi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Do we have the same DH? LOL

Toya
The Friend Group! - Owner--- Want to get more friends? In The Friend Group! we befriend each other and have fun in the meantime! Join the fun!
I LOVE REALITY TV!!!!!!!!!  - Owner---- Addicted to reality tv?? Here you can get your fix!
State College Mommas - Owner

lilasmommy418

wow....he sounds REALLY immature.....maybe he didn't get enough attention growing up. 

lvnmylif

I would laugh "with" him too.  He sounds like a fun guy when he isn't annoying you.

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

ditto for me,,i would be leaving his ass at home,,,or getting him some medicine for his um issues

Quoting briana_paige:

Your a better woman than I am. It's one thing to be silly and another to make a fool of yourself. That would get on my freakin' nerves. I don't think I could put up with it.

angelove8
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

LMBO! Although the comments may have been rude just think of all the people he's making smile on a bad day. If I saw something like that while at the store and I was having a bad day that would have cheered me up instantly. Perhaps he can chill with the comments he makes about people and following them around. Does he ever act like an adult? I can understand being goofy but I think your DH may be pushing it with the comments and following people around. If someone called me santa and started following me I would have turned around and socked them...but I'm pregnant so being called fat and jolly would have pissed me off.  

Aamy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

What ever floats his boat. Didnt you know he acted this way BEFORE you married him ?? I know i play around with DD in the store and dont care what others think. Now for the comments, if they are rude, then he will more then likely learn his lesson when someone kicks his butt one day.

agunderman
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Quoting lvnmylif:

I would laugh "with" him too.  He sounds like a fun guy when he isn't annoying you.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM

omg that was great thank you so much for the story i needed a good laugh today!!!!

www.belladiapercreations.webs.com <~~ check out my website
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)