Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mommys help me

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been fighting broncitis since christmas. I went to the ER on christmas because i hurt to breath and any time i moved i got so dizzy i couldnt stand for long. Well they did chest  X rays ( Dr didnt ever look at them though) they gave me some antibiotics ( 7 days worth) and an inhaler for breathing treatments ( 2 shots 4 x's a day)

well my nose snot is still bright green and my sinus' still hurt. And when i cough it hurts and i can feel all the gunk in my chest feels like my lungs are filled with crap. I gurggle when i breath all the time and cough till i throw up.

Any recomendations ?

Im pron to broncitis and pnemonia BTW . The Dr I had on christmas was a BITCH. ( gotta love military hospitals) she said " im ot gonna look at your x rays because i doubt yoru that sick" then after they gave me 1 breathing treatment there she came in and said " do you feel better?" and I said " no" and she said " oh come on you've got to be kiddin me, your fine ....go get these meds and go home"  I gave her a nsaty look and called her a bitch as i left.

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

sorry youngest was fussing.......... was gonna tell ya i called to make an appt with my reg Dr but she is booked until Feb 17th

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

Cearley_est_02
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

What a bitch!!!!! I would try to get another opinion or go back and bug her till she looks at them it really sounds like you have pneumonia. I hope you feel better soon :)

larissacst
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I hate ER docs like that , like they're in your body and can tell*scoofs*  . Grab some mucinex for all that gunk and have a cup ready to spit that crap out. What was your SOP after the breathing treatmeant..a good one is 97-100. Make sure you hold that inahler puff in for 10 seconds and slowly exhale. Feel better

mom-of-two9698
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Honey, you need to go back to the ER and hope for a better dr on call.  If you have taken 7 days of antibiotics and are still having that many problems, there is something else that needs treating. 

feel better 

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

they didn't measure my oxygen level before or after the treatment

Quoting larissacst:

I hate ER docs like that , like they're in your body and can tell*scoofs*  . Grab some mucinex for all that gunk and have a cup ready to spit that crap out. What was your SOP after the breathing treatmeant..a good one is 97-100. Make sure you hold that inahler puff in for 10 seconds and slowly exhale. Feel better

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

i gotta take the kids with me now tryin to avoid the er again  but if i have to i will

Quoting mom-of-two9698:

Honey, you need to go back to the ER and hope for a better dr on call.  If you have taken 7 days of antibiotics and are still having that many problems, there is something else that needs treating. 

feel better 

babygoose78
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Hi,

Mucinex is the same as Guifennasin, an expectorant. Meaning it will MAKE you cough they yuck out by breaking it down.

I am one that when I get a cough it makes me cough so hard I gag and then well it keeps going on and on. I found a cough syrup that worked wonders for me. Instead of making me cough myself sick, it helped me cough and yet the coughs were productive but not body jolting hard.

What I got was over the counter, Adult Robitussin Cough and Chest Congestion DM. It has Dextromethorphan HBr (DM) that's the cough suppressant. And: Guaifenesin, that's the expectorant.

This is the one that does NOT state on the package the DO NOT TAKE IF YOU HAVE EXCESSIVE PHLEGM warning like on regular cough medicine.

I would check with a pharmacist to be sure you can take this type of medicine with your current meds.

I would have thought you'd get like codine type cough syrup unless you are allergic. Good luck, hope you are feeling better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)