Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Milk before bedtime PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DD is 14 months. We stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago and switched to whole milk. We still give her a cup of milk ( no bottles) before bedtime and sometimes early in the mornings to get her to go back to sleep.

When did you stop giving milk at bedtime?

She is getting her molars in so its been hard to get her to eat much dinner so I know she is waking up at 4am hungry. We have tried giving her soft foods and/or teething medicine before she eats. Sometimes I think she is just too busy playing and running around to eat.

She is a little smaller than most her age but there are no concerns about her weight.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TygerLily62
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I don't think that the problem is giving milk before bedtime, it's sending the baby to bed with a bottle or sippy. If you give her a glass of milk and then brush her teeth and everything I don't think you have to worry about it, unless you're worried about bed wetting.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I agree. No big deal to have milk before bedtime.. it becomes more of an issue when you are potty training and need to cut the beverages right before bed.

Quoting TygerLily62:

I don't think that the problem is giving milk before bedtime, it's sending the baby to bed with a bottle or sippy. If you give her a glass of milk and then brush her teeth and everything I don't think you have to worry about it, unless you're worried about bed wetting.

ShadowRaven
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I agree that it's more about sending them to bed with it. Ds (19 months) gets a cup of milk around 6:30-7pm, and after that we cut off fluids completely (bedtime is anywhere between 7:30-8:30), otherwise he'll wake up during the night completely soaked from head to toe.

Quoting TygerLily62:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)