Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's the best place to buy diapers? What are the best deals you have found?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

Since my daughter was a newborn, I was able to purchase diapers at a discounted price at the hospital I work at. They recently got rid of this benefit, so now I'm on my own in the hunt for reasonably priced diapers. Last time I was at the store looking at diapers, I went into sticker shock!! I would like to stay with the Pampers brand, as it has worked very well for us. Any comment/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommylovehug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I never pay more than $2 for a pack of diapers, and that's on the high end!  I use coupons with deals.  Start looking at sites like www.afullcup.com that shows all the sales for each week at all the popular stores, walmart, cvs, rite aid, etc.  I wait for sales like buy $25 in huggies get $5 ECB (@ CVs), and then use coupons with it and maybe a $4 off $20 purchase.  Makes them practically free!  This site is the best way to find the hottest deals right when they happen.  There are other ones that do the same thing, it really is just a preference as which one you look at.

------------------------
I was tired of trying to make money on survey sites that didn't pay, now I use crowngpt... NO SURVEYS, just click links and get the money in less than 5 minutes!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Sign up at pampers.com for coupons. They usually send decent ones. I use parents choice since they are so cheap and work great for my kids. One thing I would suggest to to check sales every week and when you find a good one, stock up. Recently our local Albertsons had pampers and huggies on clearance for $5 a pack and I bought a bunch.

raegansmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I have recently switched to Target brand diapers. They are cheap and just as good as name brand.  I am usually a brand snob, but this is now my only exception!  I wish I would have tried them before my DD was 2, oh the money I could have saved!

Lovelee-Mama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I too like pampers brand. I normally get them on sale and use coupons from newspaper, pampers.com, magazines etc. I ordered a few times from diapers.com because you get $10 off your first order then free shipping with purchase over $50. I had the grandparents and uncles set up accounts so that I can use the promo code. My DD had sensetive skin for most of her first year. Now we use Costco brand. A box of 186 ( i think) size 4 cost $40.

n_o71605
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM

we used huggies supremes on our son till he was walking then i moved to parents choice and the target brand they work just as well and are so much cheaper for a box of parents choice its about 12/13 bucks

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Quoting raegansmom:

I have recently switched to Target brand diapers. They are cheap and just as good as name brand.  I am usually a brand snob, but this is now my only exception!  I wish I would have tried them before my DD was 2, oh the money I could have saved!

This! My son is 2 now too & we've been using the Target brand pull ups.

socialworker227
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I buy diapers at the commissary because my husband is in the military. I use coupons from Huggies and Pampers websites. I also buy in bulk when they have Case Lot sales. It's where you buy bulk items for a discount price.  

CJsMommy312
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I was all about the pampers brand as well..love them!! But with money issues, I found that Luvs Brand is just as good and holds up well at night!

The best buy for a box of 208 Luvs brand is at the commissary, which if your not military doesn't help much..=/ But I get the box there for around 15 dollars..but buying them off base I found the same box for around 17. I know its not much of a difference, but a package of pampers with 16-24 diapers in it cost around 17. So you get more for the same price.

Good luck on your diapers search!! =)

baby in slingnavy

Wife to a Sailor and Mommy to a Baby Girl

sunkissedmiss
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions! I guess I will just have to be on the look for coupons, and maybe try out the Target brand... even though it makes me kinda nervous!

Forget-me-not
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Cloth!...lol seriously it is a lot cheaper and really once you get it figured out it's just as easy. I don't really wash more laundry less than a load a day and the only thing is making sure I have enough for the night and next day but you have to do that with store bought as well. Also it takes about 500 years for 1 diaper to fully break down, yuck! Every diaper you ever wore is still sitting around in some landfull, also there is a chemicals in them are nothing I want near my sons bottom.

Disposable diapers contain traces of Dioxin, an extremely toxic by-product of the paper-bleaching process.  It is a carcinogenic chemical, listed by the EPA as the most toxic of all cancer-linked chemicals.  It is banned in most countries, but not the U.S..1

Disposable diapers contain Tributyl-tin (TBT) - a toxic pollutant known to cause hormonal problems in humans and animals.2

Disposable diapers contain sodium polyacrylate, a type of super absorbent polymer (SAP), which becomes a gel-like substance when wet. A similar substance had been used in super-absorbancy tampons until the early 1980s when it was revealed that the material increased the risk of toxic shock syndrome.3

In May 2000, the Archives of Disease in Childhood published research showing that scrotal temperature is increased in boys wearing disposable diapers, and that prolonged use of disposable diapers will blunt or completely abolish the physiological testicular cooling mechanism important for normal spermatogensis.

http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/diaperfacts.php

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 13, Abby 8 and  Liam born June 15 2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)