Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a way to..

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way to stretch out sore muscles so I can continue to work out?
I think I overdid it yesterday and now it's hard to walk. Is there anyway I can work the soreness out so I can work out again tonight?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
collegemom09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM

stretch more.

kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Yes, you can stretch, but your body needs time to recover.  When you work out, you incur fissures (or tears) in your muscles. You are, in essence, damaging your muscles.  Rest is as important as exercise!

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I don't HAVE to work out tonight, I guess. Would just stretching or simple yoga be a bad idea?

Quoting kk_bella:

Yes, you can stretch, but your body needs time to recover.  When you work out, you incur fissures (or tears) in your muscles. You are, in essence, damaging your muscles.  Rest is as important as exercise!

kk_bella
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

I don't HAVE to work out tonight, I guess. Would just stretching or simple yoga be a bad idea?

Quoting kk_bella:

Those would be a GREAT idea.
You can also work out a different part of your body! If your legs are sore, try your arms or back?

Not.So.Virginal
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I don't think stretching/yoga would hurt.... but listen to your body.

A massage may help as well, kind of rub the sore muscles

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I'm moving to find a spot that isn't sore lol. Even the muscles in my elbows hurt lol. But my legs and abs are the worst.

Quoting kk_bella:

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

Quoting kk_bella:

Those would be a GREAT idea.
You can also work out a different part of your body! If your legs are sore, try your arms or back?

kaker104
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Be sure to stretch before and after you exercise. Every time. Also drink lots of water. Tonight, I would stretch and do yoga to give your body time to recover. 

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I've been trying to do that. I wish my husband was here to help lol.

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

I don't think stretching/yoga would hurt.... but listen to your body.

A massage may help as well, kind of rub the sore muscles

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)