Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone use AAA for planning a vacation or even a travel agent outside of AAA?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

In mid Feb of this year we are planning a 7 days vacation to the Dominican Republic. There is a ton of things I want to do so I am thinking of getting an agent b/c I want to do alot of things . Someone said that if you are a member of AAA, they offer free vacation planning. Has anyone used them or have any experience with a travel agency? I always plan our own things, but we've never taken a vacation out of the country.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cmb121906
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Anyone??

Click for more info!

macysmama1206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

We are AAA members and planned our honeymoon through them.  We went to Jamaica to an all inclusive resort.  While we did not do any excursions, (we decided it was a week to be lazy!) they were extremely helpful.  We got our vacation for about $1000 less than expedia said it would cost and were able to upgrade our room.  She even found us a hotel in Charlotte, where we flew out of, that allowed airport parking for free.  It took soooo much stress out of our vacation.  I knew that everything was taken care of and I will definitely return to AAA for any and all vacations we plan in the future, whether they are in country or not!

cmb121906
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Quoting macysmama1206:

We are AAA members and planned our honeymoon through them.  We went to Jamaica to an all inclusive resort.  While we did not do any excursions, (we decided it was a week to be lazy!) they were extremely helpful.  We got our vacation for about $1000 less than expedia said it would cost and were able to upgrade our room.  She even found us a hotel in Charlotte, where we flew out of, that allowed airport parking for free.  It took soooo much stress out of our vacation.  I knew that everything was taken care of and I will definitely return to AAA for any and all vacations we plan in the future, whether they are in country or not!

Thank you so much!! I don't want any stress of planning either and just want it all taken care of. Do you go in the AAA office to plan it? I think I'm going to join online. It's only like $47 :)

Click for more info!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

There is an awesome travel agent on Cafemom, her name is cruiseagentmom.  She can help you and she doesn't charge for her services.  Tell her coolmommy2x suggested her to you.  She is very helpful. 

MegB8402
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Our AAA agent rocks. We tend to drive a lot of places when we travel so she gives us a few Trip Tik maps that have different routes. She has fun with them now since we have the baby. She plans trips that have a lot of options for him to stop and stretch his little legs. Good luck!

macysmama1206
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I went to their office,  FIL use to work there.  I love our AAA membership, it gives me such peace of mind knowing that if I have car trouble and DH isn't with me, all I have to do is make a phone call.  Plus the travel agency benefits and certain restaurants and hotels will give you discounts for being a member.  ILs renew our membership every year for Valentine's day.  Nothing says love like AAA! :)

Quoting cmb121906:

Quoting macysmama1206:

Thank you so much!! I don't want any stress of planning either and just want it all taken care of. Do you go in the AAA office to plan it? I think I'm going to join online. It's only like $47 :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)