Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'M DONE!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm at my wits end w/my child. He went from a well behave toddler to satan. He doesn't want to listen to me and I end up yelling at him. And now there is the thing w/his toys. For the past 3 out of 4 days he has taking every single toy and dumped it on his floor. I'm sick of having to manage to get on the floor to pick them up. He normally will help, but lately he just gets on his bed and sits there. No amount of yelling will work. So, the toys are going. I don't know where right now but by damn I will make room. This is what it looks like.

If my husband doesn't come home soon and resume his role of father, it will be a good thing that we are having another boy bc the one we have will have been shipped off to the zoo!!!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM
I am sorry you are having hard time:(

trishasjunebug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM

BOYS! My son does the same thing, I feel like I'm constantly picking up toys ALL day long lol. I decided to just leave it until the night while he's sleeping, then I pick them up, and he does it ALL over again lol. He will be tipping his toy box over as I'm putting toys away lol. They sure are messy little things! And he thinks it's so funny too lol.

Lilypie - (zDX9)

trishasjunebug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Oh, and the listening thing. My son is 18 months, not sure how old yours is, but he's been TERRIBLE lately. I'll tell him "no no" about something and he'll look right at me and do it, then I'll walk him away and tell him "no, we don't do that, that's naughty" he'll laugh and run right back and do it again. I've been using time outs now, just for a few minutes, I think he might be old enough to understand now, I KNOW he knows what he's doing is naughty, that's why he thinks it's funny. Some days I want to run away to my room lol he can be a monster!

Hang in there!

Lilypie - (zDX9)

Jellybean82
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:37 PM

My kids do that sometimes.  They will dump out every toy in their rooms and even move some of the smaller furniture.  They are old enough that I make them pick it up now, but it was terrible when they were smaller.  I really would just take most of the toys away.  Just leave out a few favorites that he might actually play with and pack the rest up.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:56 PM

how old is he?

www.belladiapercreations.webs.com <~~ check out my website
iamblessedx7
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Uh, yeah. I have had 7 kids and now my grand kids are over alot. My 18mo. old GD has made it a habit of destroying the house everytime she comes over. I have given up on it. I just clean up when she leaves. Try to put away most of his toys and only let him have a few at a time. Then just rotate them.

To, Coda,Arianna, Lacey, Maddox, and 2 new additions coming in Spring of 2010...
StudioM
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I went thru this with a couple of my kids. My solution was finally to gather everything up in a garbage bag and tell them it was going to the trash seeing how they didn't want to care for it. Then it got stored away as if it were gone. When the kids were exceptionally well behaved, picked things up, did something awesome... they got a toy back from the bag. It was like Christmas all over and they stopped throwing things everywhere and not picking up right quick when they had lost their favorites!

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

It's not just boys! My DD is like this!
I am scared all the time someone is going to show up at my house because it looks like crap 99% of the time! Lol!  She pulls everything out!
I have found that involving her in the clean up makes her feel like a big girl and helps a lot!

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Thats what my kids room and play room look like 90% of the time. They just want to play. Dont throw the toys out. Just shut the door and ignore it.

I am a 24 year old SAHM of 2 beautiful kids that are the light of my life and my reason for living! I've found the love of my life and we have made a beautiful home together. I'm starting college and am working toward an RN degree...Life is perfect!

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM

He looks really young, how old is he?
My opinion is (if age appropriate) that he has too many out at once for him. Take a bunch of them away and alternate them. That way he has "new" toys to keep his interest and they are less maintenence for you.
 I would make him help me pick them up then I would pack a bunch of them away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)