Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash on her chest could it be my cheap laundery soap????

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

my 3.5 yr old has a prickily rash all over chest and belly. she said it itches i put calomine (sp) but its still there could it be the laundery soap?? i recently bought some cheap dollar store kind. what kind do you use for your kids??? do you suggest one for dd?? she is skin sensitive

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Merci718
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I use Dreft 

mercimommy.gif picture by lemalo

missymommyof1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM

are they pretty expensive though? i used them when she was a baby they were like 10 or 15 a bottle

Quoting Merci718:

I use Dreft 

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Could be.

I love the ECOS laundry soap from member's mark. My kids had problems with some soaps too. Never had a prob with this one though. You might wanna try the Free soaps. I used to use them for my kid's diapers. Other than that..dunno.

GoneNutty
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I'd use Dreft if I didn't have three boys who dirty up their clothes as soon as they put them on...too expensive to keep up! lol However, I have found that the Arm-n-Hammer with Baking soda is pretty good. We get the unscented, hypoallergenic kind because two of my boys are really sensitive to soaps and fragrances.  :)

my2girls516
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM

When my girls were young, I used to use Arm and hammer  dye and perfume free.  I thought it was priced right and never had a problem. 

diana1481
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Could be excema, try using AD&D or Balmex on it. I used Balmex on my sons and it helped tremendously.

omgamomie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I use all free and clear or purex free and clear.

MegB8402
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

My husband is allergic to anything but Tide. So we use the Tide Free. It has no dyes and no scent. So far no problems and it's not that badly priced if I remember correctly.

solen
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM

It could be a contact allergy and be the new soap you are using.  But if the rash gets worse, take her to the doctor.  Has she had strep lately?  Sometimes they get a rash on the stomach and chest after strep.  Please be careful if the rash spreads or she shows any other symptoms.  Also, collodial oatmeal baths are good for itchy rashes. (Aveeno makes one) Be careful she doesn't drink the water though.

I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Staceyymichelle
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM

My daughter is the same way. I cant use anything cheap on her.
So we use either dreft, but she likes to change clothes now even for a drip of water on her shirt, and its getting expensive, so we tryed arm n hammer and it broke her out. so now im using tide free.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)