Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body wrap, Has anyone had one?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

The body wraps that are supposed to be all natural and lose 5-7 inches. Has any one tired this and waht is your experience?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Never tried it

Honestly? It sounds like a load of crap to me

Zanny
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Those are more of a Diuretic, and will pull water out of your body.. You will be peeing like a Maniac for 24 hours following.. I would say, YES, they work, for about 36 hours

mom_4kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:35 PM

It claims to really work and be permanent. Unless you physical gain it back. I think they mean like change in your diet where you start eating lots of junk. I want to look into it.. See if they guarantee  money back if it doesn't work.

mommieof2rboys
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

yes i get one before vacations to the beach drink lots of water!!! it will and does work for a short period of time not to mention is SOO relaxing

mom_4kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Will you keep the weight off if you eat healthy and exercise??

Quoting Zanny:

Those are more of a Diuretic, and will pull water out of your body.. You will be peeing like a Maniac for 24 hours following.. I would say, YES, they work, for about 36 hours

inmybizz
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I have tried it... The results are only short term(2 days or less). Great if you need to drop a few pounds/inches for the weekend or something...

mom_4kiddos
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM

bump

IleanRight
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:14 PM

My hubby had one b/c he retains a lot of water...he lost 3 inches.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Yep...did one at a salon and I didn't notice a difference....

Zanny
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM

No, it will not stay off permanently.  If you have an event that you need to lose a few inches for, then, by ALL means, go for it... My best friend is a Bioelements Esthetician, she does body wraps on a daily basis.. She does not advertise the Detox Body Wraps, or any others, for that matter as Permanent Weight Loss Solutions..  If  you are trying to jump start your diet, this may be a stepping stone, but she also recommends doing a Total Body Detox as well...  Everything these body wraps pull out of your body immediately, is ALL FLUID RETENTION..It is why you pee like a race horse for 24-36 hours after your body wrap.

You will, however, lose fat & Inches with a constant caloric reduction, and activity increase... as in, take in less calories then you burn... It REALLY pisses me off when women believe these kind of weight loss claims as permanent solutions... Do your research, and believe what you want to..

Quoting mom_4kiddos:

Will you keep the weight off if you eat healthy and exercise??

Quoting Zanny:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)