Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally bummin....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

ok weird question....

my wisdom teeth have been bothering the crap out of me. Actually kept me up all night last night, i finally fell asleep at 830 AM!!!!! i got 30 mins then my son woke up. im drained, exhausted, just wanna cry and sleep.
ANYWAY, ive been taking 200mg ibuprofen.....been using orajel.....even did the salt water thing....
does ANNNNNNNNNYONE have an at home remedies for toothaches?
I cant do anything about this til 2morrow, im dying here...its even making my ear hurt.  (now i know how my son feels when he teethed, lol)

heeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeee

I STILL BF my 17 month old son,is that ok?
I have pitbulls and they are terrible, they lick my sons face and cuddle up with him at night.
Im pro military, tattoos, piercings,AND legalizing marijuana

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
naturalmom86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM

You can take up to 800mg every 6hours.

raegansmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I take 4 200mg ibuprofen at a time. 

indymom72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM

You can up your ibuprofen to 800 mg..and an ice pack may help.  I remember when mine came in and it was awful...I wish I could blink you some of my tylenol 3's!! :)

CafeMom Tickers
Rubygl00m
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Quoting naturalmom86:

You can take up to 800mg every 6hours.

This.

JT32606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Quoting indymom72:

You can up your ibuprofen to 800 mg..and an ice pack may help.  I remember when mine came in and it was awful...I wish I could blink you some of my tylenol 3's!! :)

they popped through last year, but are actually continuing their journey up.....as of 4 ays ago. lol. ive had 2 sleepless nights. its killin me

I have pitbulls and they are terrible, they lick my sons face and cuddle up with him at night.

reelo
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM

You can take tylenol with the motrin.  Are you sure its tooth pain and not like impacted wisdom teeth cause that will require a dentist.

JT32606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Quoting reelo:

You can take tylenol with the motrin.  Are you sure its tooth pain and not like impacted wisdom teeth cause that will require a dentist.

to be honest, i have no idea. ive never had a cavity, or any problems with my teeth. well except for braces, i had 5 teeth pulled. but i dont even know what an impacted wisdom tooth is.

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Your ear pain is due to to a nerve that runs through your jaw and up into your ear being irritated.
Could you have an abscess or infection? Do you have cavities?
You can go to an urgent care and get a numbing shot...you can also get a shot of antibiotics if you have an abscess or infection and that would help....they can give you pain meds to help until tom. That may be better than the ibuprofen if you have to get them pulled. It may not matter in this case but ibuprofen thins your blood. If you have to have them pulled it can cause prolonged bleeding and I believe contributes to dry socket.
Mouth pain sucks!

JT32606
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Quoting SnoBuny:

Your ear pain is due to to a nerve that runs through your jaw and up into your ear being irritated.
Could you have an abscess or infection? no idea.

Do you have cavities?  never ever had one in my life, so maybe?
You can go to an urgent care and get a numbing shot...you can also get a shot of antibiotics if you have an abscess or infection and that would help....they can give you pain meds to help until tom. That may be better than the ibuprofen if you have to get them pulled. It may not matter in this case but ibuprofen thins your blood. If you have to have them pulled it can cause prolonged bleeding and I believe contributes to dry socket.
Mouth pain sucks!

dunno. We dont have urgent care in NJ unless thats what you call the Emergency room??
My tooth is fine throughout the day, its when night time hits, when i lay down, its unreal. I had to sleep sitting up for a few hours this morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)