Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice for dinner.......................

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

So i have pork tender loin bonless chops......any ideas? im just gunna make mashed potatoes and corn with it- but should i spice it up with something?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MyspaceMummy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I am making mac n cheese for my kids 

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

You could use some Campbell's cream of Mushroom soup for gravy on those chops and 'taters. It's MM~mm. . . GOOD!Toss on some Durkee's fried onion rings. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
judybant
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Are you ready???

Do you have a jar of any kind of salsa? Put a thin coating of seasoned flour on your chops, get them nice and browned, and cooked through. Then pour some salsa on each one(a tablespoon or so) , along with some shredded cheese... stick them in the oven at 350, for about 15 to 20 minutes to get the salsa warmed up, and the cheese melted well...

SO yummy! and next time, put the chops and salsa in your slow cooker, and let them go all day, until the chops can be shredded up. Then serve the meat and salsa on tortillas with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, black olives, etc... a complete, one dish meal.

TessB
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM

This is super yummy, it takes a while, so if you don't have time tonight, give it a go some other time...

from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Pork-Chops-I/Detail.aspx

Ingredients

• 6 pork chops
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 2 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup white wine

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
  3. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.

Other than that I would season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. that is good! 

Proud Army Wife to Josh and mother to 3 beautiful boys...
Hayden David June 2001
Brodie Nicholas December 2004
Seth Justin July 07, 2009

TessB
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Quoting judybant:

Are you ready???

Do you have a jar of any kind of salsa? Put a thin coating of seasoned flour on your chops, get them nice and browned, and cooked through. Then pour some salsa on each one(a tablespoon or so) , along with some shredded cheese... stick them in the oven at 350, for about 15 to 20 minutes to get the salsa warmed up, and the cheese melted well...

SO yummy! and next time, put the chops and salsa in your slow cooker, and let them go all day, until the chops can be shredded up. Then serve the meat and salsa on tortillas with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, black olives, etc... a complete, one dish meal.

ooooh that does sound yummy...and I am saying that on a full belly!!!

Proud Army Wife to Josh and mother to 3 beautiful boys...
Hayden David June 2001
Brodie Nicholas December 2004
Seth Justin July 07, 2009

peachay05
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

THIS SOUNDS DELICIOUS!! I will have to make it another time :)

Quoting judybant:

Are you ready???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)