Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do all men cheat?!?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

Okay, so I was watching this old Mary Tyler Moore movie called Just Between Friends and it got me to thinking. MTM was married to this guy, and became friends with the chick he was cheating on her with. After a long and drawn out movie, the husband died, the woman he was having an affair with ended up having his baby and they became friends again. I mean come on, that's just a happy movie ending right? Because I just don't even know how I would feel about something like that! I'd like to think I could be the bigger person, but to be friends with her!?? I mean...come on....

Also, why is it that us women are so forgiving? How come every movie on TV portrays some distraught woman who has been cheated on by her husband/boyfriend and then she has to make some type of decision on whether to forgive him or not?![And she always forgives him]. I don't even know what I would do if my boyfriend cheated on me. I mean, before I got pregnant, I would just leave him. But now that we have decided to build a family together, the stakes have changed drastically. I have to think about whats best for the family as a whole, not just for me. But then again, you would think that he would have never cheated in the first place if he was thinking about the family as a whole right?!? Why do us women have this attitude that "he was just being a man"...so that's why he cheats. Am I the only one who thinks its a bull shit excuse?!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

yep that's a bs excuse....not all men cheat. there are good one's out there. I don't put up with that mess.

steph2884
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM

No, they don't. It's just an excuse some men and women make to make it sound like it's ok, when it's not.

isra1986

There are just as many men who forgive their cheating wife.
I have seen that movie and thought it was a great movie!
IMO, people make mistakes. It takes a stronger woman to get through this and forgive her husband (If he is truely sorry)

EnigmaMuse

I don't believe that all men or all women cheat.

I do believe however that anyone can or could make the choice to cheat given the right circumstances.

anetrnlov
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

My husband has never cheated....not on me or any other girl he has dated.

It seems to me that women (generally speaking) use the "he's a man" excuse for EVERYTHING.

"He doesn't help."  "He's a man."

"You KNOW how men are."

"All men are the same."

All of it regardless of the context it is used in is complete bullshit!

My husband and I have talked about infidelity and our marriage.  We both know what the other would do and to make a long story short neither of us is giving this marriage up without a fight so God forbid either cheated the other would not just pack up and leave.  Of course, my reasons for staying would not include, "He's a man."

momof4boyz1girl
by Diamond Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I hate that "he's just being a man" excuse...it's a load of BS. A good man won't cheat, plain and simple.

PinUpGirl7376
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I think it is an excuse for bad behavior.  I don't know if all men cheat...but I do struggle to understand why a significant number of them do.  It has become "expected" and its disgusting.  I will acknowledge that men and women have a VERY different thought process when it comes to this subject but that is no excuse.  There are many reasons (many rooted in science) they cheat but it does not condone the practice.

ETA:  I have been with my husband for 19 year (married for 9) and when it comes to him...of course I don't think he has cheated because of his character...and I trust him but I am not naive enough to think that it's not possible that it NEVER happened or NEVER will.  I choose to trust that he hasn't and in the end...trust is all you have.

KokoJones
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM

i have seen that movie... pissed me the hell off... i cant watch movies like that... there are a lot of them out there... where wives end up being friends with their husbands mistresses unknowingly and then find out, busts up their friendship but then they miss eachothers support so they all work it out in the end... i could never ever ever...

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

Iconoclast
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM

It's a bs excuse and I think that we (as human beings) think that it is just a mistake and don't take the time to see what is really going on.  Why did he/she do it?  What is important to them now (not being alone, actual love)?  What was important to them when they cheated or even before?  Why would you forgive (not wanting to be alone, actual love,continuing a pattern)?  Why would you not forgive (vengeance)? 

All men do not cheat.  Making that statement, I think, let's people off the hook to build up a wall; to be suspicious; to not trust; and to make it okay to get him before he gets you. 

arielflagg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Oh yea thats just  a bs excuse... me and my husband are big on trust and honesty and i just dont know how i would react to being cheated on but i think i can honestly say as hard as it would be to do i think i would leave him i dnt think i could forgive that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)