Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Has anyone tried Alli?**

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 33 Replies

Has anyone ever tried Alli or any other weight loss pill? I am wanting to try it but am curious about side effects, how to really loose the weight while on it, etc...if you have, please give me details about it. Thanks! Please bump if you havent!!

starryjennifer.png picture by ilovemygirls23

Mother of three beautiful girls and wife to wonderful hubby

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missingbelle
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I heard the side effects of alli make you poo your pants ! I'm serious ! There are groups in here that discuss it.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I know a few people who took it. All of them crapped their pants and quit using it. I'm down for good old fashioned diet and exercise.  I don't believe there is a miracle pill out there. I especially wouldn't use one that might make me shit myself.

eyeheartsin

I've never tried it but the only thing I know about it is it makes your poop runny. Unfortunately for my old workout buddy she learned the hard way after an "accident" on a workout bike at the gym..

briana_paige

When I worked at a grocery store, a customer was telling me how she took it and it made her crap in her pants all the time. And *TMI ALERT* she said it was runny and slimy and not like any other crap she had before.  Ewww.... I have no idea why she was telling me this either.

dreamerinluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Not me personally...but last year my aunt aunt tried the "Alli" and she only went on it for 1 month....the going #2 was a big issue for her.....even though she followed the diet plan that comes with the product she still had "digestive" problems...so dont know what to tell you.....since everyones digestive system is different  =) 

~~ Mother to 3, Step-mom to one, lover & best friend to German ~~

HippieMom78
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM

It's true!!!! It says right on the box....may cause "anal leakage"!!! My ex was going to try it but after seeing that he decided he would rather not!!! It blocks the absorption of fat which in turn causes the "leakage". So basically you just poop out the fat!!!

Quoting missingbelle:

I heard the side effects of alli make you poo your pants ! I'm serious ! There are groups in here that discuss it.

Joylynn77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Alli works by blocking (about 30%) fat from being digested, so where else will it go but out? That's why the product stresses a LOW FAT diet while using it! It's FDA approved, because it is a prescription drug that was adjusted for OTC use. If you use Alli, just follow the directions, and stay away from fried or oily foods. And, if you're not sure, just wear panty liners until you get used to the effects on your body.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM

nope and NEVER WILL

i tried many diet pills b4 and i will never touch another...

its just not worth the risk and what it does to your body

i even tried nutrisystem and ended up having blood in my stool for a week .....i sent it back

now i just count calories and drink lots of water and exercise and its working great

i have had two kids and gained 70 with one 48 with the other and all the weight is gone

jumping rope

SHED SOME POUNDS!...WIN A PRIZE!!...Biggest loser comp. begins Jan 9th 2010!!!! come Join The fit mama club

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

amyjosh8687
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I swear by Alli. Last year I started using it and I lost a total of 57 lbs!!! Of course working out and eating right helped. I think when people say that they pooped themselves is because they are not following directions. That happened to me once and I know it was because I had Burger King that day. You are only supposed to consume 30 grams of fat per day on the pill, if you go over you will leak oil from your booty. It is THE only pill that has worked for me and I will get on it again when I have my baby.

Before and After pics:

CafeMom Tickers

kylesmom2007
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I tried it. I did not have the side effects the others talked of. You only have those side effects if you don't follow the guidelines. I followed the guidelines. Did it work for me? I don't know. I think I was struggling with constipation so it's hard to say. I don't necessary like diet pills, but in the world we live in, it's very hard to stick to "good ole fashion exercise and eating right" all though, that's what I'm back to right now. What really worked for me was South Beach which is returning to the basics of no processed foods. It's not atkins. But I just can't do it again, because life without bread, even whole wheat bread, makes me grouchy, lol.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)