Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why could he be doing this

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

my son just turned 4 in october and he was potty trained by like 39months maybe 40mnths. well he had been doing great, no accidents. he even started standing up to pee. i was sooo proud of him. well in the last month he has completely turned around and hardly ever uses the potty. no joke he has like 20 pairs of jeans, shorts, sweats. and they are all dirty by the end of the week. i dont understand. one friend told me he could be doing it because he sees a baby doing it. well there really are no other babies around only on christmas and new yrs. that same friend told me that it is a sign of autism. i dont think it is that but at the same time it scared me. what could be wrong with my son. oh and to top it off, he has become a cry baby. he cries for every little fall, he cries when he cant do something himself, he cries when he dont know what we are talking to him about. i dont know what to do with him. he also has anger issues that we are going to be seeing a therapist for. and he is gonna be tested for adhd in the fall. please help i am at my wits end.

this is him

They Make My World go Round!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof2andloveit
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM

my oldest was potty trained at 3, no accidents during the day or at night and at 3 1/2 we moved to a different state away from all of our family and he started having pee and poop accidents during the day and wetting the bed, it started getting better and the  my father in law passed away and he regressed more he is now 6 1/2 and we get very excited about dry nights we typically have 2 or 3 a week and we do small things to reward it(like a piece of gum).

Has anything happened like this?

amayabrianna
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Alot of kids do that. When they are potty training they get all this praise and attention and once they are done they don't get the same attention. So they regress to get the attention.  

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.       Proverbs 18:2

rainbow4-1.gif picture by amayabrianna

sadeyez11
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

nothing has changed. it all started happening right after his 4th birthday and it is just getting worse and worse. he started just peeing a little in his underware, then he started peeing in his  underwear and just yesterday he pooped in his underwear and when he ask him when and why he says he dont know. he still gets praised everytime he goes potty. and not just because of the accidents. it has always been like that. we praise him all the time for doing good using the potty. i dont know. my mil siad maybe it is something medical. idk but i am getting worried.

BethInWI
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:37 PM

AAHHH yes welcome to the horrible 4's!! Our son did the nearly exact same thing. The only thing is to just keep being consistant. When he has the accidents it needs to be his responisbilty to clean up even after poop. The whining and crying the samething here. It was like he relized life wasnt all about playing with diggers and trucks that he actually needed to learn things like ABC's and writing his name! It was a horrible phase but they grow out of it.

sadeyez11
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

im scared to let my son clean up by himself. he cant even wipe himself without getting half the bathroom dirty with poop. he has no idea how to do it. lol

and you are right. ds dont even have any interest in any learning. not his alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, nothing. i just bought him the magnets but he dont want anything to do with them. we are trying different things to get him to learn what he needs to.

the odd thing is my dd never did that, neither did my neices or nephews and there are 5 more of them. i dont know. i just bought pullups again. he does alot better in a pull up than his underwear. i am hoping that by friday i can have the pullups taken away again too.

Quoting BethInWI:

AAHHH yes welcome to the horrible 4's!! Our son did the nearly exact same thing. The only thing is to just keep being consistant. When he has the accidents it needs to be his responisbilty to clean up even after poop. The whining and crying the samething here. It was like he relized life wasnt all about playing with diggers and trucks that he actually needed to learn things like ABC's and writing his name! It was a horrible phase but they grow out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)