Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rocking your kid to sleep

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

How many of you still/will/or did rock your kids to sleep at the age of 3 or 4 on a constant basis? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it... just my opinion that they are a little too old unless they are sick or upset or something. I don't rock my son unless on the circumstances I mentioned... but my mother does, and it is getting on my nerves b/c he barly knows how to put himself to sleep. Would you be a little upset over this? Not that Iam, its just a little annoying b/c I feel like its spoiling.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM

where's speep? no i'm kidding. dd was sleeping in her bed no problems....we brushed teeth,story and she climbed in her bed. but with dh being deployed she's gotten clingy so at the moment she's sleeping with me. she's 3 btw. Only when she's sick does she want to be rocked really.

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM
I don't. However, gmas don't play by the0 same rules. Think of it this way, she's crazy about him or she wouldn't take the time.

Kids can never get enuf love and attention:)

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

where's speep? no i'm kidding. dd was sleeping in her bed no problems....we brushed teeth,story and she climbed in her bed. but with dh being deployed she's gotten clingy so at the moment she's sleeping with me. she's 3 btw. Only when she's sick does she want to be rocked really.

LOL, Whoops! Just saw that!

brittneyon
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM

my 1yo wont let me rock him to sleep :( it hurts.

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I wish my almost 3y old would let me rock her =P We have a routine every night we brush teeth, go potty, in bed she gets a vitamin and we read a book. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

bump!

Alisonsmom07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

My son is 5 months old and I do not rock him to sleep.  He goes in his crib awake and puts himself to sleep.  With my dd it was the same way she was about 4 months old and was able to fall asleep without being rocked.  It has nothing to do with me not enjoying doing it.  I love holding my baby but he will not fall asleep in my arms unless he is super tired.  I love that I dont have to go lay him down after he is asleep bc he would just wake up and not go back to sleep.  Grandmas are a diffrent story.  She will still rock my 2.5 year old dd when she stays the night

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

My daughter isn't 2 yet and she has been falling asleep on her own for months now!

doublethejoy616
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM

My 3 1/2 year olds wouldn't allow it!  They will hug and kiss, but that's their maximum cuddling usually :)

eyegirl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I rock when needed.I go in the front yard to find the biggest one I can.LOL Seriously I rock my 2 yr old when he's upset or sick.Otherwise he goes to bed on his own.My MIL doesn'r rock him but she would give him a bottle even after I had took it away.I finally stole the bottle she had one time we were at her house.My mom will still read my 14 yr old to sleep when he stays the night at her house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)