Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training advice?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

DD will be 2 on Feb 23rd. I want to start to be serious about potty training her.
What is the best way to do it? Any tips?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
WLNL0507
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Is she actually showing any interest in going potty? Does she tell you when she needs to "peepee"?  Does she go to hide when needs to BM? These are all signs that she is ready.

What I did, was put regular undies on my son, and then a pullup over them. So, when they pee, they feel the yucky wet (he HATED the feeling) and the pullup was so they didnt get it all over the carpet. Then tell them they need to go on the potty. It took about 2 weeks, but he was fully trained after. I did put him to bed with a pull-up for a while though.

ColleenF30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I am training my girls in big girl panties, potty every 90 minutes right now (they normally go within 5 minutes of being on it), and if there is an accident they help me to clean it up.  It worked quite well with my son who is now 12 as well, but I know the same things don't work for everyone.  Good luck sweetie.  Also she needs to be able to pull her pants up and down so I would be waiting for the finger to heal first. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)