Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

My sons are 1 and 2. They decided to take early naps today (yay!) and just now woke up. This means that they slept right through lunch. Neither is asking for food or saying they're hungry. Should I fix a snack, or make them their whole lunch? Supper is in about 2 1/2 hours anyway. Would just a snack suffice? I don't wanna feel like I'm starving my kids.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
isra1986
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I'd just give them a snack if they will be eating dinner soon.  They won't eat dinner if you feed them a whole meal now. 

CafeMom Tickersbunch of roses

anetrnlov

If they were hungry they would tell you but if you feel like you HAVE to make them something, give them a snack.

Honeybun09

I would feed them lunch.

My DD sometimes switches her schedule and sleeps through lunch. Everything is usually just about 1 hr. later than usual. The next day it goes back to normal.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping for at least 6 months, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, spanking as a last resort believing, anti-CIO until age 1, learning to cook, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, health care is a human right believing, training to be a child care assistant, trying to recycle more mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

baby growth

mcelmo
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:10 PM

a healthy snack is fine

americanpeso
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Thank you ladies! I ended up making a kind of snack-y lunch. One ds wanted pb sandwich, and one wanted ritz crackers and cheese, so they each got half a sandwich and crackers and cheese.

julls04
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM

if dinner is less than 3 hours away i would give them just a snack they should be just fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)