Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts on......."Swingers"

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

No my DH and I are not and never will be but I am just amazed at how many propositions we have had since joining the military. I am not saying it has anything to do with the military just know that when you are in you meet many more sorts of people with different practices and beliefs than what I would have ever met living in the tiny little country town my hubby and I grew up in. Just wondering if any of you have been propositioned or if any of you are into the whole partner swapping thing. NOT bashing anyone to each their own and if it works for you then that is great just not our thing. Just wondering because the first time we got approached I was just in total shock, now I know just to politely decline. Have a good day ladies!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I have known several swingers.  I was actually a member of a swingers social network where I learned a lot.

It comes down to this...it works for some people...it doesn't work for others...just like anything else.

People get into for the wrong reasons and some get into it with the wrong people.

I couldn't do it but it doesn't bother me that other people do.

MandyOs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Whatever tickles your fancy.

lovinmy3babs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Yeah I guess I was just in shock. We are definately country folk and I honestly did not know that many couples were into it.LOL But I am still curious just to know others thoughts on it.

TessB
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I thinks swingers are like promiscuous women, there are different types. There are the ones that are gross and then there are the ones that are adventurous and free spirits....like the ladies on Sex in the City LOL or the couple on the show Swingers...the couple with the husband that was the airline pilot....sort of free spirited kind of people.

I would love to be that kind of person, like a hippy...all "make love not war man...." hahaha

Proud Army Wife to Josh and mother to 3 beautiful boys...
Hayden David June 2001
Brodie Nicholas December 2004
Seth Justin July 07, 2009

pety
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM

People are just another bread of animal! I don't really believe when some say that they are okay with it because I think (right or wrong) that when you find your mate you don't want to share with anyone else. If you share your husband or wife with  others there is no intimacy between the two of you much less respect.

Amybelle
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Not for DH & I. We have encountered swingers a cpl times in our 25 yr marriage & I have to admit I lost respect for them when I found out.  

savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I couldn't do it but it doesn't bother me that other people do.

baby 1stholiday

lovinmy3babs
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

BUMP!

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I deal with them on a mthly bases where i work now the group i have to deal with drive me nuts but for the most if that what they want go for it not sure if i could do it though

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Honestly I've never really had many thoughts on swingers.. because well, it's not my thing, and I'm not worried about what other people do. :)

Oh, and yes we, as in both my husband and I, were hit on by another couple once.. it was strange yet flattering, and I think we both had a tiny moment when we pondered what the experience would be like, but that was it. :)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)