Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

college grant question

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am in school and have been for awhile now. I just realized and thought of something and its driving me crazy not knowing the answer so i thought i would ask it here until i can talk to the persons at the college.

I have been enrolled and taken 2 semesters so far both taking only 6 credit hours each time. I was award a full pell grant of 5337 which was 2668 per semester. But because i was only taking 6 credit hours i only got 1330 of that to pay tuition and buy books. Well i am enrolled into 9 credit hours this upcoming semester. So will the college readjust the amount i get or since i was only able to get 1330 of the 2668 is that all i can get this year? The reason i ask is for some reason tuitoin is 900 dolalrs more than it was every other semester and i guess its because of the extra credit hours i am taking on top of that my books are like 700 alone. So since i was awarded 5337 for a full year will i get to get more of the money to pay for these things??

I hope that makes sense.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM

bump

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:24 PM

bump

amayabrianna
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM

As far as I know they will. I know with what I was approved for my first 2 semesters were more than the upcoming one. But they did adjust it. But I also haven't gotten my check back yet so I may not be much help. I would call about it tomorrow morning though!! 

A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.       Proverbs 18:2

rainbow4-1.gif picture by amayabrianna

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)