Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you grow your business?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

if you have a business, how did you get it off the ground?

did you make an actual business plan or just dive in and start advertising? did you pay for advertising right away or did you advertise for free (where)?

what would you say to others trying to grow their business? how would you suggest they spend their time online, as far as growing their business goes? any specific websites you use for marketing, promoting, networking?

did you create a blog for your business? was it worth it?

did you buy a .com name? was it worth it?

how do you keep track of your sales? paper or spreadsheet, or both?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
petersgal
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I think a lot of it depends on the type of business you have

I have helped start 2 business (both successful)

1 was a wine bar/shop and the 2nd was a graphic design and web management company

marketing and drawing in new clients was different for each one.

the one thing they both had in common was a website (so local people could google the right words and stumble across the company)

If you like to cruise, join a group just for moms like you! Moms Who Cruise

Elijahsmommy9
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I just started my business in July. It's a photography business so there are many way to advertise. A lot of my clients have come from CM amazingly enough. I also have flyers at my part time job (where I just started offering pet portraits as well) and I've done door to door advertising which has only produced me 1 session. I'd love to pay a few hundred bucks and get an ad in the local business magazine/papers, etc. but thats not in the cards right now. I have my own website, kinda have to in this business. I also have an online ordering service that keeps track of all my sales, taxes, etc so that is awesome even if they take 18% of all my sales.

If you're talking about your tutu business, what you should do is join all the photography groups in here and advertise there. Offer some trade deals where you'll send some photographers some free tutus and in exchange they do promo photo sessions with your work and send you the photos. You'll find that you'll have awesome photos for your website but also, many clients that the photographer use in those session wants to buy more tutus! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)