Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated and Hurt....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

I got married in July. My best friend had her aunt and uncle (who are like family to me because I basically grew up with her) drive up to do my wedding pictures/video. My aunt and uncle paid for our wedding, therefore paying for them as well.

It is now January, and since September or October, they have stopped returning their phone calls and emails and we still have nothing. My family paid them in full BEFORE the wedding. I told my best friend about it on Thanksgiving, and they will not return her calls or emails either. Since my aunt and uncle are the ones who paid I am letting them handle it, but I wish they would at least tell us SOMETHING. My aunt says she will just chalk it up as a loss, but I do not think they should. She paid a lot of money to them for something we have not received, and those are our memories. A lot of family took pictures so I am not too worried about that, but we really would like to have our video. Those are our memories. I just wish we knew something, and I wish there was something else I can do. They live in GA, my family lives in NJ and I live in PA, so it's not like we can just show up at their house lol. I am just hurt that people I feel I am close to are doing this to us

simple frown

**ETA** I was in my cousin's wedding in November, and she got ALL of her pictures back in 2 weeks!!!

Toya
The Friend Group! - Owner--- Want to get more friends? In The Friend Group! we befriend each other and have fun in the meantime! Join the fun!
I LOVE REALITY TV!!!!!!!!!  - Owner---- Addicted to reality tv?? Here you can get your fix!
State College Mommas - Owner

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Do you have a receipt??If not ..you're buggered...if you do however...take them to small claims court!!!... Worse comes to worse...dress hubby up and grab your dress and get some done now before its too late...Just a couple of you both is better than nothing....(I know this..I have no pictures at all)

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

toiatoi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I am not sure, my aunt and uncle dealt with all of that, they didn't involve me since they didn't want me to know how much they paid. My aunt said they theoretically could take them to small claims court, so I do not know what they are going to do. And we have some pictures from family, so we are more worried about the video. There were people saying messages to us on it and all kinds of things that we didnt see because we were still at the hotel. :-(

I am sorry that you do not have any pictures. Did something happen?

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Do you have a receipt??If not ..you're buggered...if you do however...take them to small claims court!!!... Worse comes to worse...dress hubby up and grab your dress and get some done now before its too late...Just a couple of you both is better than nothing....(I know this..I have no pictures at all)

Toya
The Friend Group! - Owner--- Want to get more friends? In The Friend Group! we befriend each other and have fun in the meantime! Join the fun!
I LOVE REALITY TV!!!!!!!!!  - Owner---- Addicted to reality tv?? Here you can get your fix!

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:15 PM

yea, they should threaten to take them to small claims court, more than likely they will show up with the pictures...those people suck 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

toiatoi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I really hope that they do. I just do not see how you can do this to someone, especially since I have known them since I was little and they were always like family to me. It makes me so sad

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

yea, they should threaten to take them to small claims court, more than likely they will show up with the pictures...those people suck 

Toya

Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Quoting toiatoi:

I am not sure, my aunt and uncle dealt with all of that, they didn't involve me since they didn't want me to know how much they paid. My aunt said they theoretically could take them to small claims court, so I do not know what they are going to do. And we have some pictures from family, so we are more worried about the video. There were people saying messages to us on it and all kinds of things that we didnt see because we were still at the hotel. :-(

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Nah...Crappy court house wedding...no pics...no dress...no guests..no cake..even my husband left to have dinner with his ex to pick up his kids!!!!...LMAO..still it was 14 years ago...I can laugh about it NOW....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

toiatoi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM

That is actually what hubby and I were going to do until our family decided to pay for it all LOL. You know what though, you can have the most beautiful wedding and the marriage may not even last. Yours has lasted 14 years! That says something! good

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Quoting toiatoi:

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Nah...Crappy court house wedding...no pics...no dress...no guests..no cake..even my husband left to have dinner with his ex to pick up his kids!!!!...LMAO..still it was 14 years ago...I can laugh about it NOW....

Toya

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)