Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Constipation help while PREGGO, ahuh?!?!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

What helps from your experience, ive tryed drinking a ton of water, milk of megnesia and still....nothing

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Try some colace first( a stool softner) and if that doesn't work try a small amount of a laxative

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
Christy644
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Try coffee, it's a laxative. I know it;s not good to drink lots of coffee while pregnant but it will help to loosen you up.

indymom72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I've started drinking PlumSmart juice every day..it really tastes good,and it works.  I also take colace when I need a little extra help.

CafeMom Tickers
thangelbabybug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:15 PM

ya decaff coffee helps with constipation and drinking apple juice helps alot too

Quoting Christy644:

Try coffee, it's a laxative. I know it;s not good to drink lots of coffee while pregnant but it will help to loosen you up.

Sunshine201

I can only tell you what worked for me... I ate alot of grapes when I had that problem while preggo....and it really worked! A nice big bowl of grapes.

spindervette

I had that problem during my pregnancy. I would go days without using the bathroom. I found that eating foods with fiber really helped. Cereal was the main thing I would eat alot of. Like Raisin Bran, Frosted Mini-Wheats is also good. Drink juice and lots of water. If you are still having problems discuss it with your doctor. They know what's best for you.

sharebearII
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Coffee. 

Quoting thangelbabybug:

ya decaff coffee helps with constipation and drinking apple juice helps alot too

Quoting Christy644:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)